Denver Amtrak to Vail

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dorian Janney

My son will be taking the Amtrak train to Denver, and will need to then get to Vail. Does anyone have any suggestions about the best way to do that? I have found out that the mountain shuttles leave from the airport or from downtown, and the Greyhound is unreliable from the train station to Vail.

Thanks!

Dorian

There is no Greyhound bus service directly from the Denver train station to Vail. You must go to the Greyhound station anyway. You also stated the other shuttles leave from downtown also. Because you have to leave the train station (which is downtown) anyway, chose whichever is best!

My son will be taking the Amtrak train to Denver, and will need to then get to Vail. Does anyone have any suggestions about the best way to do that? I have found out that the mountain shuttles leave from the airport or from downtown, and the Greyhound is unreliable from the train station to Vail.

Thanks!

Dorian

Does amtrak still have Thruway Motorcoach (Ambus) service to Vail?

You can book this ticket on the Amtrak website. The bus departs from the Greyhound Station (which is near the Amtrak station).

And what do you mean by unreliable?

Vail is an Amtrak stop! A bus stop, yes, but a stop none the less.

Amtrak's Vail Station Page

If you are coming from an origin West of Denver, the schedule would look like this:

6 California Zephyr - Arrives: 12:10 PM

Glenwood Springs, CO (GSC)

8806 Bus - Departs: 2:20 PM

Glenwood Springs, CO (GSC)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arrives: 3:25 PM

Vail, CO (VAI)

Duration: 1 hr, 5 min.

From points East of Denver, the schedule works out like this:

5 California Zephyr - Arrives: 7:15 AM

Denver, CO (DEN)

Self Transfer