Diagram posted for Transition Sleeper (upper level only)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chi_Train_Fan

Service Attendant
Hello everyone,

I've read several requests over the past two years on this board for a diagram of the transition sleeping car. I have now posted one for the upper level on this webpage at the bottom of the page. (I will locate one for the lower level shortly, although no rooms are sold to the public on the lower level.) If you are now booked in a roomette numbered 17-24 you can find out where it is.

Superliner Diagrams

Cheers,

David

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone,
I've read several requests over the past two years on this board for a diagram of the transition sleeping car. I have now posted one for the upper level on this webpage at the bottom of the page. (I will locate one for the lower level shortly, although no rooms are sold to the public on the lower level.) If you are now booked in a roomette numbered 15-24 you can find out where it is.

Superliner Diagrams

Cheers,

David
Thanks - strange to see ALL roomettes on the floor. Wonder if Amtrak ever thought of a regular sleeping car with that config as it would increase the number of available rooms on a trip???

Thanks - strange to see ALL roomettes on the floor. Wonder if Amtrak ever thought of a regular sleeping car with that config as it would increase the number of available rooms on a trip???
Actually I suspect that Amtrak did at least give it some thought, since they obviously thought about it in the other direction and actually built six cars with only bedrooms on the upper level. Considering how fast the bedrooms sell out on the Viewliners, I'd say that it's probably a good thing that they never did build any Superliner sleepers with only roomettes.

David,

Very nice, thanks for the online scan of the layout from the safety card. :)

One small correction though just to avoid confusion for people, you said:

There is a diagram of the Transition Sleeping Car at the bottom, for those who book roomettes 15-24.
There is no roomette #15 in the trans dorm. Room #15 is the family bedroom that only appears in the regular sleeping cars. I can't recall if the Handicapped room is considered room #16 or not. But either way the roomette numbers in the dorm start at either 16 or 17, but definately not 15.

:) Actually, room 15 does exist, but it is different from the other roomettes. It only has an armchair and two steps-nothing else. When I rode on the Texas Eagle, the car attendant set up beverages in that room. I don't know what its original purpose was, before they started booking passengers into the Transition Sleeper. It doesn't have a table, so the car attendant put the coffee urn on the top step.

David,
Very nice, thanks for the online scan of the layout from the safety card. :)

One small correction though just to avoid confusion for people, you said:

There is a diagram of the Transition Sleeping Car at the bottom, for those who book roomettes 15-24.
There is no roomette #15 in the trans dorm. Room #15 is the family bedroom that only appears in the regular sleeping cars. I can't recall if the Handicapped room is considered room #16 or not. But either way the roomette numbers in the dorm start at either 16 or 17, but definately not 15.
Alan, great point about room 15. The rooms in the Transition Sleeper are 17-24. I will edit my original post. I used a camera to snap the photo of the safety card in the room, I didn't remove it from the room fearing that doing so could violate some federal law.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back