Do they post in trip order?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walt

Lead Service Attendant
I took the Vermonter up to VT and back, a few weeks ago.

I just noticed that my return trip back from VT, plus the Spring Bonus points, were posted onto my AGR account two days ago. However, my trip up to VT, has not.

Do they usually post trips in date-wise order? Should I be concerned that my trip to VT didn't post yet, but the return trip back has? Should I just hang on for a few more days/weeks to see if it eventually gets posted on its own?

You should not be concerned at this point. They almost never post in date order. In fact the order is determined more by where the conductor turns in your tickets. If they turn them in at a station where the ticket's barcode can be scanned, then your points post quicker. If they turn them in at a station where they can't scan the barcode, then the tickets have to travel to a station where they can be processed.

I would not be concerned that they do not post in order. Just keep an eye on your account to make sure they all post.

As an example, On NTD (5/10) I took 2 round trips - one in the morning (M1 & M2) and one in the afternoon (A1 & A2). On 5/19, M2 posted. On 5/20, A2 posted. On 5/21, A1 posted. I was getting worried that my other trip would not post without help, but on 5/28 M1 (my 1st trip that day) posted!

Well, the points for my original trip finally showed up. :D

Much thanks to you all for giving me enough confidence that having a bit of patients, and waiting, was the right thing to do.

Back