Do you ever get asked for your AAA card if using the discount?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh, didn't realize that they had meetings. I'll have to see if I can crash the next one in SoCal.
There are slight differences between the operations of the various AAA member clubs, and I don't think the Automobile Club of Southern California has public meetings.
Don't we have an annual meeting? I know that there are for California State Automobile Club.

I could never make it anyway. Don't own a car....

Yes except that lobby wants to get rid of that station. AAA is an auto industry lobby funded by people, most of whom would drop their membership like a stone if they heard precisely what they actually lobby for.
Obviously, that's why there's a AAA discount on Amtrak. They hate passenger rail.
Just like they hate hotels and Disneyland!
I'm pretty sure that when that discount was instated, they did.

for the last 3 or 4 years, I've kept my AAA membership, thanks to deals that I found on Slickdeals.net. I've never paid more than $43 for a one year membership(with two additional members). I never let it renew and just sign up for a new membership each years.

At first, I just wanted it for the roadside assistance benefits. However, the 10% discount on Amtrak has more than paid for the $43 membership fee. Last year alone, I must have gotten $120 off Amtrak fares. :)

Ok.. I will ask the unasked question... Why does AAA hate Disneyworld? Disneyland? Mickey Mouse??

Bruce-SSR

"Obviously that's why there's a discount on Amtrak. They hate passenger rail."

"I'm pretty sure that when that discount was instated they did."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back