Doubling up on my Triple Points

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DowneasterPassenger

Lead Service Attendant
Taking the San Joaquin to the east bay today but instead of going to RIC or OKJ as usual, I made my destination the Berkeley station, requiring a transfer to the CC in Martinez (SJ skips BKY).

But in reality I will get off in RIC and take BART. I wish I had thiught of this sooner in the promostion.

That sounds like what I do when I go to BOS. It is only 2 stops, and the NEC has many Regionals. I buy 1 ticket KIN-PVD and the next train's PVD-BOS. Many times I give the Conductor both tickets, and because they're for different train numbers, I usually get 100 points (or more :D ) for each segment! :cool:

Well done. I was in SF earlier this month and tried to figure out how to rack up some points without a big time commitment. Need to remember this for my next California adventure.

Taking the San Joaquin to the east bay today but instead of going to RIC or OKJ as usual, I made my destination the Berkeley station, requiring a transfer to the CC in Martinez (SJ skips BKY).But in reality I will get off in RIC and take BART. I wish I had thiught of this sooner in the promostion.
If you don't get on the Capitol Corridor train, your ticket will never be lifted and you won't get credit for the trip.

Taking the San Joaquin to the east bay today but instead of going to RIC or OKJ as usual, I made my destination the Berkeley station, requiring a transfer to the CC in Martinez (SJ skips BKY).But in reality I will get off in RIC and take BART. I wish I had thiught of this sooner in the promostion.
If you don't get on the Capitol Corridor train, your ticket will never be lifted and you won't get credit for the trip.
But the op would have to get on the Capitol Corridor train to do this. MTZ to RIC would be on the CC train.

But the op would have to get on the Capitol Corridor train to do this. MTZ to RIC would be on the CC train.
That's exactly what I did. A 20 minute layover in Martinez in both directions so I could transfer between the CC and SJ.

Back