Eastbound Trip Info

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Headache

Train Attendant
Hello everyone. I've been perusing your forums looking for information but needed a bit more so I joined. This is potentially my first trip on Amtrak. I'll be traveling from western WA to Baltimore, MD(assuming BWI) mid June. I wish I had been given more time to make reservations(can't actually book until after the first) but I'll just have to try to work with what I have. I've tried typing up this post several times but couldn't get copy/paste to work and when I tried to use the link option the window came up but wouldn't go away when I tried to close it. I ended up having to use the "back" button on my browser and lost everything.

Key points:

Disabled traveler: I have mobility issues that warrant some extra planning. I can move on my own but going up and down more than a few steps(such as climbing a staircase) could be a game changer.

I have to travel coach, an upgrade isn't an option unfortunately.

Need to be there by June 18th, the 17th preferably. Can leave on the 20th or after for my return.

If I can get a ride I can travel from the Everett station. If not I'll have to ride the bus in town to Spokane then sit for a 6 hour layover.

I've read over everything I thought applicable on the Amtrak website and even the blog regarding disabled travel and still found it somewhat confusing and vague.

When I tried putting in my options for travel(disabled or the bus is part of the trip) on the "Buy Tickets" tab it kept coming back as nothing available so I assume I have to call every time I want to book because when I called for info the first time there were seats available.

Questions that I neglected to ask but decided to get travelers opinions/experiences:

How much time should I allow as far as advance purchase?

Since I am forced to call for booking will I lose the online discount?

Can I use a US Rail pass and disabled discount for my trip?

What options do I have for seating and moving about? I'll need bathroom access and maybe food when/if I'm in the mood for something different.

Can I bring a small cooler for food and water? I checked out the menu and it was either too pricey or I couldn't eat it. I can't chew hard food.

I'll have a laptop for keeping up with my classes so I'll definitely have to plug in, are the outlets reliable? Thankfully I can do my homework offline.

Also, is there a table I can set up on where I won't be hogging space or bothering anyone or should I stay in my seat and try to use the tray table?

How did you juggle luggage, blankets/pillows, coolers(if allowed), laptops and other goodies to keep yourself entertained and fed while traveling cross country?

Thank you for any assistance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't answer any of your questions regard advance booking or discounts.

Most Superliner coaches have a lower level designed just for folks in your situation. There are a limited number of seats but you can request that this level be included on your reservation. There is something called a coach baggage where that space is used for baggage on trains that don't have a baggage car. Restrooms are on the lower lever so very handy. However, the only way to get to a lounge car with tables is to go up the stairs. Generally there is room for a small ice chest but you may have trouble getting your ice replaced. Amtrak will not store any of your food for you in the kitchen.

You will get to Chicago on a Superliner. From there could be either a Superliner of a single level coach of some sort, depending on which routing you take. I'm not really familiar with the single level coaches but they will at least be all on one level and you could go to the Cafe Car to use a table.

Thanks Bill! I knew they couldn't do anything regarding my food and wasn't sure about ice. It says on the website they will provide ice but it's only notated for keeping medications cool. I couldn't find anything regarding coolers for food. Looks like I'll be a bottom dweller if I can book that late. Thank you for responding.

I've tried typing up this post several times but couldn't get copy/paste to work:
Lots of ways but my favorite is to hold down the mouse left button while swiping the text you want to copy, right click, select COPY, go to where you want to paste, right click, and select PASTE.

when I tried to use the link option the window came up but wouldn't go away when I tried to close it.
I don't seem to have a problem when I click CANCEL after clicking the link icon.

use the "back" button on my browser and lost everything.
A good programmer doesn't force you to use the browser's BACK button to go somewhere.

Disabled traveler: I have mobility issues that warrant some extra planning. I can move on my own but going up and down more than a few steps(such as climbing a staircase) could be a game changer. I have to travel coach, an upgrade isn't an option unfortunately.
The good news is that on the Empire Builder and Capitol Limited (assuming you go that way), you can book a lower level seat which requires only one step up. Rest rooms are also on the lower level. The bad news is the diner and lounge are on the upper level, requiring you negotiate some tough stairs. From DC to BWI I believe there are high level platforms, meaning no steps to the coach.

When I tried putting in my options for travel(disabled or the bus is part of the trip) on the "Buy Tickets" tab it kept coming back as nothing available so I assume I have to call every time I want to book because when I called for info the first time there were seats available.
You can book lower level seats (same price as upper) via the website. But the "disabled" part is above my pay grade.

How much time should I allow as far as advance purchase?
My approach is to check amsnag (I'm retired) as soon as I know I want to go somewhere, select the best date, buy the ticket, set up a fare watch, and call to make the change if the price drops.

Since I am forced to call for booking will I lose the online discount?
As far as I know, online = telephone agent.

Can I use a US Rail pass and disabled discount for my trip?
Don't know.

What options do I have for seating and moving about? I'll need bathroom access and maybe food when/if I'm in the mood for something different.
I've already alluded to the lower level layout. As far as meals, sleeping car attendants do room service; but I don't know about coach attendants. On the lower level, your range of motion will be limited to one car, rather than all coaches + lounge, because the passage way between cars is on the upper level.

Can I bring a small cooler for food and water?
Absolutely.

I'll have a laptop for keeping up with my classes so I'll definitely have to plug in, are the outlets reliable?
Yes. I find an extension cord with more than one socket useful.

Thankfully I can do my homework offline.
Good, no WIFI on long distance trains, other than a tether from cell phone.

Also, is there a table I can set up on where I won't be hogging space or bothering anyone or should I stay in my seat and try to use the tray table?
The lounge has 8 tables that everyone is welcome to use, but again its on the upper level. Each table has room for four people. If you hog two spots and someone is looking for a seat but is too shy to ask if they can sit down, then that is their problem.

How did you juggle luggage, blankets/pillows, coolers(if allowed), laptops and other goodies to keep yourself entertained and fed while traveling cross country?
Red Cap in Chicago and DC. Tell the attendant before arriving in both cities you want Red Cap service. Other than that just ask train personnel for help. For that matter, most long distance Amtrak passengers will go our of their way to help you. By the way when detraining in Chicago, watch out so you don't get bulldozed by a red cap's golf cart on the crowded platform. My trick is to get behind a post until I get organized and oriented.

As far as WiFi goes, be aware that there are a lot of dead spots where you will not even have cellular service on the long distance trains. We found most of the eastern parts of Montana on the Empire Builder to be without service. You might want to plan your schoolwork accordingly.

I think they make mini-coolers that are plug in, so no need for ice if you could get one of those.

To and be clear (I couldn't tell above if someone had answered it) but they will NOT provide ice for your cooler.

Since it'll be a 2 day trip to Chicago and then another overnight to the DC area, please take this into account.

On the western leg, as others have noted, you can stay in a lower level coach and never have to go up/down stairs unless you decide to go to the diner or cafe.

If you take a single-level train from Chicago, it'll have high-level boarding, so no stairs involved.

BWI also has elevators so you'll be fine there.

Lots of ways but my favorite is to hold down the mouse left button while swiping the text you want to copy, right click, select COPY, go to where you want to paste, right click, and select PASTE.
I know HOW to do it. I wasn't able to do it. I'm used to vBulletin. Whatever issues were occuring happened in the IE browser. When I tried to quote from your post it gave me a blank slate as well as not letting me copy/paste or Control C/V, the cursor sat there. Tried it in Firefox and it worked for the most part. It should not be an issue for either browser but for IE it seems to be on my end.

The good news is that on the Empire Builder and Capitol Limited (assuming you go that way), you can book a lower level seat which requires only one step up. Rest rooms are also on the lower level. The bad news is the diner and lounge are on the upper level, requiring you negotiate some tough stairs. From DC to BWI I believe there are high level platforms, meaning no steps to the coach.
That figures. If I can book that late I'll be a bottom dweller. It's too bad there isn't lower accomodations for the disabled but then again we could say it's too bad regarding a lot of things missing from rail travel.

My approach is to check amsnag (I'm retired) as soon as I know I want to go somewhere, select the best date, buy the ticket, set up a fare watch, and call to make the change if the price drops.
I don't know what amsnag is and I can't book until after the first. From what I saw the most affordable tickets for me I would not be able to change but I'm pretty ignorant regarding how things are done with Amtrak. Most travel has some form of advanced purchase time period and I'm assuming that 11 days isn't it. I saw 14 days on the website and yet I've seen others booking theirs a few days before and getting decent deals but I don't know by what details they were able to do so.

Yes. I find an extension cord with more than one socket useful.
Fantastic on that and the cooler. I'll bring a small power strip just in case.

Red Cap in Chicago and DC. Tell the attendant before arriving in both cities you want Red Cap service. Other than that just ask train personnel for help. For that matter, most long distance Amtrak passengers will go our of their way to help you. By the way when detraining in Chicago, watch out so you don't get bulldozed by a red cap's golf cart on the crowded platform. My trick is to get behind a post until I get organized and oriented.
Thanks on that! I can pack pretty well but I'd prefer to get to the right place in the right time frame without too much headache if I have a bag to check. I'm being picked up in Baltimore, would I still need to use them?

As far as WiFi goes, be aware that there are a lot of dead spots where you will not even have cellular service on the long distance trains. We found most of the eastern parts of Montana on the Empire Builder to be without service. You might want to plan your schoolwork accordingly.
Already did, as I noted above I don't have to be online to do my homework. As long as I check in for quizzes and to grab the new assignments within the allotted time period I'm good. I can get the new ones in Baltimore. I'll play games and watch movies as well. I was more concerned with keeping charged than I am with having a signal.

I think they make mini-coolers that are plug in, so no need for ice if you could get one of those.
They do but they don't work all that well and don't hold more than a 6 pack. I do wonder what size I could get away with. All of them have DC plugs that I've seen.

To and be clear (I couldn't tell above if someone had answered it) but they will NOT provide ice for your cooler.

Since it'll be a 2 day trip to Chicago and then another overnight to the DC area, please take this into account.

On the western leg, as others have noted, you can stay in a lower level coach and never have to go up/down stairs unless you decide to go to the diner or cafe.

If you take a single-level train from Chicago, it'll have high-level boarding, so no stairs involved.

BWI also has elevators so you'll be fine there.
Thanks for that info! I have some ice coolers of various sizes I just wonder what I could get away with. I wouldn't bring a huge one obviously, it's only a few days.

Thanks everyone! I'm learning a lot.

Correction. Chicago has no high level platforms, you must use the (3) steps to board the train. BWI has a high level platform and it is at street level.

Also BWI is the stop at Baltimore-Washington International Airport, while BAL is the stop in downtown Baltimore. Make sure you book to the stop that you want.

As far as general ticketing is concerned, i.e., with the possible exception of some specialized discounts and the rail pass, there doesn't seem be be any "advance purchase" deals.

Amtrak's reservation system has 4 or 5 price categories, we call them buckets, for each type of accommodation. When all of the tickets in one category have been sold, the system moves on to the next category. The lowest price comes from the first bucket and the highest from the 4th or 5th, thus the terms low and high buckets. So, traditionally, the longer you waited the higher the price.

But the system doesn't tell management how many tickets to put in each bucket or what the price should be. So revenue managers have become smarter and are constantly changing the prices based not only on what has sold, but how they think they will sell. In fact, many have noticed 11 months out, i.e., when a travel date goes on sale, the price seems very high (presumably revenue managers think they will sell out anyway). Then two months later, the price might drop (presumably sales didn't live up to expectation).

The idea behind amsnag is that if your travel dates are flexible (my crack about being retired), it can save some time by laying out each type of fare for up to a 30 day period and allowing you to click thru to the Amtrak fare page for your selection.

Fare Watch notifies you if a price has dropped or become available after being sold out.

Correction. Chicago has no high level platforms, you must use the (3) steps to board the train. BWI has a high level platform and it is at street level.

Also BWI is the stop at Baltimore-Washington International Airport, while BAL is the stop in downtown Baltimore. Make sure you book to the stop that you want.
Thank you traveler, BWI it is! Regarding steps I'm good for a few such as getting on a bus or walking up to a house. I have balance issues and my knees give out sometimes. That's why I can't do stair cases. This is unfortunate because I wanted to bring some tea bags and some packs of oatmeal with me and from what I can see I'd need to go upstairs for hot water. Tap water doesn't stay "hot" long enough. :(

I'm hopeful I can find a good samaritan for lugging hot water but I'm also rather distrustful of strangers. I'll figure it out. I do have a mug warmer I can plug into my power strip to keep things warm but that means ceramic mugs...hmmm.....

As for what size you can bring: Amtrak's carry-on policy.

So you're limited to what you can carry with you.

Also, keep in mind, this is NOT an official Amtrak page so take everything said here with a grain of salt :)

Also, amsnag is a website you can use to check fares. Again, not officially Amtrak's.
THANKS! I don't know why I didn't/couldn't look at that page which also includes information about COOLERS. Very helpful. The amsnag link was helpful as well.

As far as general ticketing is concerned, i.e., with the possible exception of some specialized discounts and the rail pass, there doesn't seem be be any "advance purchase" deals.
I'm sorry I wasn't clear on that but again, I'm ignorant of the system but thank you for explaining it better. I found I do qualify for the disabled discount for the trip and it's pretty much the same as using a 15 day rail pass except I'm paying for one trip and a pass would allow me a couple more legs.

Amtrak's reservation system has 4 or 5 price categories, we call them buckets, for each type of accommodation. When all of the tickets in one category have been sold, the system moves on to the next category. The lowest price comes from the first bucket and the highest from the 4th or 5th, thus the terms low and high buckets. So, traditionally, the longer you waited the higher the price.
This is part of what I meant by advanced purchase but from what you describe of the managers roles it's an ever changing thing and not something of a standard procedure. The other part of what I meant was in trying to figure out how many days I'd need ahead of time to ensure I got the seats I needed. The Amtrak site claims 14 days but from what I've read from travelers posting their experiences this isn't always the case.

And again thanks for bringing up amsnag, it was very helpful. One thing for disabled passengers to note when trying to use either Amtraks site or amsnag; neither of them allow for bus travel(at least for my trip) in the options(despite being able to use a code) when using them if part of your trip requires it. You'll have to call Amtrak or choose the connecting railhead for your travels if you want to do it online.

Next question: What has been your favorite snacks, meals etc. to pack for your trips? I'd love to carry a gallon of water with me but I didn't see anything on the luggage page unless I can include it as a small "bag", it definitely fits into the 1 square foot measurements:
  • Required medical devices and medication
  • Pillows, blankets and outer garments
  • Coolers, purses or small bags no larger than 12” x 12” x 12”
  • Small electronic devices with protective cases
One of my favorite snacks is sardines on crackers but I'm fairly certain it would not be appreciated on the train...

Okay I just watched a video on the stairs to a sleeper car posted here:

http://discuss.amtraktrains.com/index.php?/topic/64222-adjustable-seats-in-roomette/

If it's similar to what I'll be facing in coach I may be able to go up then down once a day with a good round of ibuprofen. I'll have to do it when no one else is wanting to use them because it will take me awhile but then I'd be able to get my hot water and once I was up there I'd be able to explore a bit and take in the view from the big windows.

If I can pull it off my trip will be:

8 Empire Builder, 48 Lake Shore Limited, 187 Northeast Regional

and the return will be:

143 Northeast Regional or 195 Northeast Regional, 29 Capitol Limited, 7 Empire Builder

At least that's what amsnag gave me.

You don't have to go upstairs to get food. If you are mobility impaired, the Coach attendant is required to help you if you ask (but you have to pay for the food).

If you can afford it, the handicapped BR is given to those who are mobility impaired at the cost of a roomette. They are released to everyone else (at full price) if not taken by qualified people two weeks before departure. If you can afford it for part of the trip, consider doing so. Meals from the dining car during mealtimes are included in the cost and your sleeping car attendant will bring them to you in your room. Your trip can include segments in either a sleeper or in coach so you don't have to go sleeper the whole way if you can't afford it. Check as sometimes a segment will have low roomette fares although I am not sure whether the price you get is automatically "low roomette bucket" or whatever the bucket is at the moment.

Note that there is only one handicapped room per sleeping car. On superliners, there are regular roomettes on the lower level as well and on viewliner trains, everything is on the same level.

Call Amtrak late in the evening (I call around midnight eastern time ) as the agents will usually have time to explain options to you.

Thanks me_little_me but as I stated in my first post rooms are not an option for me.

Thank you for bringing up the coach attendant. I don't know how much hot water will cost but I'm pretty sure I can afford to slide a few tips their way for doing the labor for me.

The only hot water that is available is in the sleeping cars, from the cafe and in the Dining Car at meals. There is a drinking water tap in coaches and in the Sightseer Lounge on the upper level, but it only dispenses cold water.

I made some California rolls this morning and realized they will travel well. So will a tomato based pasta dish. I'll have some yogurt, fruit and veggies, ranch dressing, hummus, crackers and some bread. Plus my jug of spring water. I think I'll be able to travel fairly well. There's a big layover in Chicago. If it isn't eaten up by delays(which I expect) I may have some time to pick up some ice and goodies if there's somewhere near to do so. Otherwise I'll wing it until Baltimore and pay for one meal on the way after departing Chicago. I'm just really unsure about the stairs and I have some special dietary restrictions they cannot cover.

http://www.amtrak.com/meal-services-for-passengers-with-a-disability

I called and spoke with an agent. I asked what services could be provided and I was told that when I make my reservation to ask for "mobility impaired seating" and I will be taken to that seating upon boarding. Once there I'm to ask a coach attendant for "special service request for meals" and they will provide me with menus, meals and hot water at my seat without having to go upstairs. I'll be able to have my morning oatmeal and tea. YAY!

There's a big layover in Chicago. If it isn't eaten up by delays(which I expect) I may have some time to pick up some ice and goodies if there's somewhere near to do so. Otherwise I'll wing it until Baltimore and pay for one meal on the way after departing Chicago. I'm just really unsure about the stairs and I have some special dietary restrictions they cannot cover.
If you're on the Lake Shore Limited, that's a single level train, so no stairs between your seat and the cafe car and diner. Chicago Union Station has a food court and convenience store-type shops one level up from the platforms; there are escalators. I'm not sure what the best source for ice would be, but goodies will not be a problem. Don't wait until the last minute, though, as some things start to close before the LSL boards.

If it isn't eaten up by delays(which I expect) I may have some time to pick up some ice and goodies if there's somewhere near to do so.
There is a Walgreens with ice and goodies about two blocks east of the station on Jackson Blvd. Exit on Jackson then turn left across the bridge. You will see the sign to the left across the river.

There are luggage lockers in Union station.

http://www.chicagounionstation.com/lockers.html

If you're on the Lake Shore Limited, that's a single level train, so no stairs between your seat and the cafe car and diner. Chicago Union Station has a food court and convenience store-type shops one level up from the platforms; there are escalators. I'm not sure what the best source for ice would be, but goodies will not be a problem. Don't wait until the last minute, though, as some things start to close before the LSL boards.
Yes! I will be on the LSL on my eastbound trip. In post #15 I listed which ones I'll be on so any information and advice about them and the stops is welcome! That makes me feel better as well. I can save my money for a meal on the LSL and be able to enjoy almost the full experience of rail travel by being able to enjoy the dining car. I've budgeted for one evening meal for each direction; after Chicago and before NYC then on the return after Chicago and before WA state.

There is a Walgreens with ice and goodies about two blocks east of the station on Jackson Blvd. Exit on Jackson then turn left across the bridge. You will see the sign to the left across the river.

There are luggage lockers in Union station.

http://www.chicagounionstation.com/lockers.html
Hmm, I may just skip it. Cab fare and the locker fee will wipe out my last meal budget. I'll try to wing it.

In re the Lake Shore Limited #48 from CHI- NYP.

There are only 2 meals served in the Diner Eastbound out of CHI, Breakfast and Lunch since #48 Leaves CHI @ 930pm. No Dinner is served after Albany on #48, where the train is split, with the #448 Section heading for Boston and #48 to NYP!

Breakfast is the best and most affordable meal served in the Diner in my opinion. If you check the costs of a la carte items in the cafe car, you'll find that a complete Breakfast and Lunch in the Diner is comparable in price for a full sit down meal!( although you have to pay for sodas and breakfast meats if a Coach rider)

On your return on #49 out of NYC, Dinner is served after leaving NYP before reaching Albany where the Boston Section #449 is joined and then the Boston passengers eat heading West. Breakfast is served @ 6:30am (usually after the Toledo stop if on time).

If you are returning from Washington on the Cap Ltd.#29, it will be a Superliner train with Reserved seating downstairs for handicap passengers! Dinner is served starting @ 5:30pm and Breakfast @ 6;00am after the Toledo stop.

In re the Lake Shore Limited #48 from CHI- NYP.

There are only 2 meals served in the Diner Eastbound out of CHI, Breakfast and Lunch since #48 Leaves CHI @ 930pm. No Dinner is served after Albany on #48, where the train is split, with the #448 Section heading for Boston and #48 to NYP!

Breakfast is the best and most affordable meal served in the Diner in my opinion. If you check the costs of a la carte items in the cafe car, you'll find that a complete Breakfast and Lunch in the Diner is comparable in price for a full sit down meal!( although you have to pay for sodas and breakfast meats if a Coach rider)

On your return on #49 out of NYC, Dinner is served after leaving NYP before reaching Albany where the Boston Section #449 is joined and then the Boston passengers eat heading West. Breakfast is served @ 6:30am (usually after the Toledo stop if on time).

If you are returning from Washington on the Cap Ltd.#29, it will be a Superliner train with Reserved seating downstairs for handicap passengers! Dinner is served starting @ 5:30pm and Breakfast @ 6;00am after the Toledo stop.
My trip which will hopefully be booked in the next couple of days! I'm assuming seats will be taken quickly after the holiday so I wanted to make sure I beat the rush. I'm very excited!

Eastbound: 8 Empire Builder, 48 Lake Shore Limited, 187 Northeast Regional

Westbound: 143 Northeast Regional or 195 Northeast Regional, 29 Capitol Limited, 7 Empire Builder

Thanks for the info Jim! I have some dietary restrictions so I'm limiting my dining car experience to 1 per trip and thankfully to a car I can walk to without issue. Breakfast and lunch will be the easiest for me to pack up and by the 3rd day I should have the more "fragile" perishables eaten up and the rest will survive until I can get them on ice again in Baltimore. I'll definitly keep everything you posted in mind for planning my meals and budget.

It's nice to know little details about stops such as the split you mentioned. When I read that I remembered some old black and white film I watched in school of a roundhouse.

Oh! Is there such thing as an "average" delay time? I'm assuming that the arrival time in Baltimore of 2348 will not necessarily be accurate despite cushioning but from what I've been reading I'll hit more delays going west than I will east. West doesn't matter as much as eastbound does.

Edit: If this trip works out I'd like to take a trip from Everett to Los Angeles and maybe even work my way over to New Mexico. Would it be worth signing up for the AGR program if I travel only a few times a year at the maximum? Realisticly I can only see the Maryland trip this year but next year it's possible that I could travel around the west a bit.

Nice trip! You SHOULD join AGR before your trip!If an AGR Member ( one of us say) refer you and you join ( you send your e-mail address to one if us in a Personal Message/PM, then AGR will e- mail you to to join up/) before your trip, you'll receive 500 Bonus Points just for joining as well as the person who refers you! Then you'll receive AGR points for every Amtrak trip you take.( minimum of 100 per trip even if only say a $5 ticket) A couple of times a year you are eligible to buy points for your account, up to 10,000 ($275) plus any bonus points offered!

Also AGR has what's called Double Day promotions a couple of times a year ( usually Spring and Fall) where you get Double Points for every trip! Check it out on the AGR sire and the AGR Forum here in AU!! Be sure and use your AGR Number on your Reservations!

As for booking and fares, you do know you get a discount for your disability right,( if you can afford it you can get the H Bedroom @ the Roomette fare) but it doesn't apply to Rail Passes, just your Coach fare! Once you're booked, use amsnag.net ( developed by one of our members PaulM) to check fares up to 11 months in advance and for up to 30 days @_a time! ( doesn't show any discounts available) and if the fares cine down you can call and Modify your rez ( don't Cancel!) and receive a voucher or refund for the difference! Great tool!!

As for the on time performance, of course stuff happens and it's day to day but you can sign up to receive texts, tweets or e-mail from Amtrak on your particular trains OTP as well as use such tools as Amtrak Status Maps to track your trains from anywhere!

I wouldn't worry about the transfers in New York and Washington, there are plenty of trains in the NEC.

As for Chicago and the Empire Builder to Lake Shore Ltd. Connection, #8 is scheduled to arrive @ 3:55pm and #48 Leaves @9:30pm so you have a 5 1/2 Hour flex and if #8 is late they usually Hold #48 for late arriving connecting passengers with Guaranteed reservations!

On your return, the Cap Ltd.#29, is scheduled to arrive @ 8:45am and #7 Leaves @ 2:15pm, same info applies.

One tip, REDCAPS. are available in Chicago and Washington @ Union Station to take you to/from the Station on Golf Carts! The walks are long on the crowded platforms, it's really worth the $3-$5 tip to have them take you to your train ahead of the thundering herds for early boarding, Union Station @ both can be a zoo!!

Same thing applies in New York @ NYP, except no carts and they take you down the escelator or elevator to your train.

Sorry this is so long, hope it helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back