EB 7 Connection to CS 11

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmbgeg

Engineer
I am traveling to LAX and back the week after next. SPK-PDX is the normal routing. I can normally never take 7 to Seattle and connect to 11 because of the CS departure time.

Now, with a two hour delayed departure of 11 from Seattle, if the EB is on time +/- 1 hour, I could catch 11 on at train 7 connection. That would save me a longer PDX connection layover.

I have two concerns with this plan. First, the EB has been very late very often this winter. Any material delay would be a disconnect. Second, I worry about mudslides south of Everett, which would delay the EB.

Comments?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are lucky enough to be in a sleeper .... I'd much rather wait in the PDX Metropolitan Lounge, than in the SEA station.

If you are lucky enough to be in a sleeper .... I'd much rather wait in the PDX Metropolitan Lounge, than in the SEA station.
Always in a sleeper, and I agree with the station waiting time proposition. I just like 8 meal service bettter than 28, and Seattle hotels better than Portland's.

Another mudslide happened just today.

If time is a factor, as you indicated, then #27 to PDX and a relaxing time in the lounge is way WAY better....and safer.

Cheers

We've always left/arrived on the EB from PDX ... and you are right ... sometimes it is a LOOOOOOOOOOONG walk from our rooms to the dining car. This May we will be taking the EB from SEA ... so looking forward to having a real dining car .... NEARBY! We will be leaving Eugene at 5 AM to ride the Cascades to SEA to try this section of the train.

I know that this will sound crazy, but we enjoy the PDX Metropolitan Lounge so much, that, usually, when we leave our son in Eugene, we ride the Cascades to PDX, and then catch the CS back to SFC or LAX .... more train time!

Good information about the hotel situation at each station!

We've always left/arrived on the EB from PDX ... and you are right ... sometimes it is a LOOOOOOOOOOONG walk from our rooms to the dining car. This May we will be taking the EB from SEA ... so looking forward to having a real dining car .... NEARBY! We will be leaving Eugene at 5 AM to ride the Cascades to SEA to try this section of the train.

I know that this will sound crazy, but we enjoy the PDX Metropolitan Lounge so much, that, usually, when we leave our son in Eugene, we ride the Cascades to PDX, and then catch the CS back to SFC or LAX .... more train time!

Good information about the hotel situation at each station!

:lol: I'll be taking the #28 in a couple of weeks in the Rail Fan Sleeper. As an Optomist, I'll have the best Photo Ops as well as excercise for my expanding midsection !!! :D

RF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back