Empire Builder Delay Notification

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxjim

Service Attendant
I received this email from Amtrak concerning a trip I am taking Dec. 24 from Chicago to Portland, OR. The same day I had a phone call and a computer read me the same message over my phone. I was aware of the delay potential, but I'm glad Amtrak is being proactive about notification to passengers who don't have a clue.

Our records indicate that you are scheduled to depart on Amtrak train number 27, The Empire Builder, at 2:15PM on Wednesday December 24

We are contacting you today to inform you that passengers traveling aboard Empire Builder trains can encounter significant delays due to very high volumes of freight train traffic along the route. During recent weeks, Empire Builder trains encountered delays of approximatly one to three hours. While delays to the Empire Builder have primarily been occurring west of St. Paul, Minn., passengers should anticipate delays in both directions.

Passengers are strongly urged to check the status of their train on Amtrak.com, our free mobile apps or at 800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245) for the most up-to-date departure and arrival times.

BNSF Railway Co. owns and maintains the tracks and dispatches the trains west of St. Paul. BNSF is making capacity improvements, which are expected to reduce delays to Amtrak trains and to freight trains. However, many of these projects will not be complete until late 2014.

Thank you for traveling with Amtrak. We appreciate your patronage and apologize for any inconvenience.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back