EMPIRE BUILDER

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aviation being my biggest passion (transport nut all around) I like flying with any airline--but out of the US carriers, I've always been a DL fan. They do a good job.
If I were to fly domestic, I would fly AA just for that good old MD-82/83. Never really liked Delta, for international I liked Northwest until they merged with Delta and hit me with big disappointment. Now I don't really like any US airline, the LCCs only fly domestic when I would rather take Amtrak and the legacies that fly international all have uncomfortable seats which are far worse than Amtrak. AA is probably my favourite for international now even thoguh lots of people hate them.

flying home because it's a benefit. i hope some of you train buffs will travel on DELTA AIR LINES, and

need some help. i'll be there for you. just don't ask me to explain the fare rules. they are writtin by a

sadist, upside down and backword, using a mirror, and with all vowels excluded. what's with the delays?

i can handle a few hours delay, but must make chi conx. to sea. thanks for the info.
Ok, I'm game.... I want a jumpseat ride!

Ah, the days gone past....
SORRY YOU WORKED FOR ONE OF THE MANY THAT ARE LONG GONE. I AM

ASSUMING THAT YOU DID WORK FOR BN, AND AS A PILOT. I RETIRED IN

2000 WITH 36+ YEARS, AND DAL ISN'T THE SAME AIRLINE IT WAS MY FIRST

20 YEARS. WE ARE STILL LIKE A FAMILY. THE ONE THING THAT SET DAL APART

FROM ALL THE REST HOW THEY TREATED PASS RIDERS, INCLUDING THOSE

FROM OTHER AIRLINES. IF THERE WAS ONE OR MORE OPEN SEATS IN F/C

AT ABOUT 20 MINUTES BEFORE CLOSEOUT, THE NON-REVS WERE SEATED IN

F/C. DAL ALWAYS SAID THAT THEY ONLY HIRED FIRST CLASS PEOPLE, AND

FILLED UP F/C BEFORE SEATING NON-REV IN COACH. IT IS VERY RARE IN

THESE DAYS OF ELITE FREQUENT FLIERS TO GET F/C SEATING, BUT I DO

USUALLY GET TO WALK THRU F/C ON MY WAY TO A MIDDLE SEAT IN THE

BACK, WAY BACK!! LOTS OF WONDERFUL MEMORIES.

ASSUMING THAT YOU DID WORK FOR BN, AND AS A PILOT.
Um, I think that poster has said that BN was before his time, so he probably did not fly for them.

Nice to see your floorplans again, but could you please rearrange them so that they are not all over the place, like Superliner Sleeper switching to Sightseer Lounge and then back?
When I finish the Superliner Set I'll be pulling them out of the forum & onto their own well-organized web page.

peter
Nice to see how commited you are to your project. Thanks!

Worked for BN as a pilot!?

I'm 15. BN went out of business 14 years before I was born. I'm merely a big airplane-nut. I'm well aware of the way things were before... and those are the days I wish I could have seen.Those where the days that a career in the airline industry was viable work. Now, sadly, it's deteriorated to a point that I'd never wish to be a front-line employee at an airline. What I meant by 'days gone past' was before 9/11... before the attacks, I could get a view in the cockpit every flight without a problem. I barely remember those days, as I was very young. I have some memories of some TW cockpits, though, visited when I was three, four, maybe five. If I may ask, what did you do at DL?

flying home because it's a benefit. i hope some of you train buffs will travel on DELTA AIR LINES, and

need some help. i'll be there for you. just don't ask me to explain the fare rules. they are writtin by a

sadist, upside down and backword, using a mirror, and with all vowels excluded. what's with the delays?

i can handle a few hours delay, but must make chi conx. to sea. thanks for the info.

I PM'ed you back... your email is not viewable.

This is just a very interesting segway. I work for an aircraft manufacturer and I've been involved with aircraft nearly my whole adult life. I remember Brannif when I was a kid. I remember driving through DFW and seeing scores of aircraft sitting on the tarmac in various colored Brannif livery, desolate. My grandfater worked for the FAA and helped out with the DC-10 certification for overseas flight. He did a lot of work for American Airlines. His neighbor across the street was a DAL pilot. His name is Dwayne Meyers, based out of Dallas. We were all very good friends before my grandparents both passed away.

I've been on a 747SP once, on a direct DFW to Tokyo route just before AA started acquiring 777s. Bob Crandall hated anything with more than 2 engines... The 747SP was like a sports car. It was all 747 (My all time favorite commercial aircraft), but short and peppy.

When I was 14, I was coming to the US on a Thai Airlines 747. After we let 90% of the pax off in Seattle, we had a very nice flight into DFW. The crew was incredibly cool, and the pilot had no problem with this punk pimpled kid exploring the flight deck.

Oh the days....

Last edited by a moderator:

This is just a very interesting segway. I work for an aircraft manufacturer and I've been involved with aircraft nearly my whole adult life. I remember Brannif when I was a kid. I remember driving through DFW and seeing scores of aircraft sitting on the tarmac in various colored Brannif livery, desolate. My grandfater worked for the FAA and helped out with the DC-10 certification for overseas flight. He did a lot of work for American Airlines. His neighbor across the street was a DAL pilot. His name is Dwayne Meyers, based out of Dallas. We were all very good friends before my grandparents both passed away.

I've been on a 747SP once, on a direct DFW to Tokyo route just before AA started acquiring 777s. Bob Crandall hated anything with more than 2 engines... The 747SP was like a sports car. It was all 747 (My all time favorite commercial aircraft), but short and peppy.

When I was 14, I was coming to the US on a Thai Airlines 747. After we let 90% of the pax off in Seattle, we had a very nice flight into DFW. The crew was incredibly cool, and the pilot had no problem with this punk pimpled kid exploring the flight deck.

Oh the days....
Hey, check out Braniff Pages, great site by Brooke Watts. The 747 is my favourite plane too!

Oh the days....
THANKS FOR YOUR THOUGHTS. I TRULY ENJOYED THE READING. IF IT'S

ABOUT AIR TRAVEL IN ANY OF ITS FORMS, I ENJOY IT. IF IT ABOUT DELTA,

AND ITS POSITIVE,I'M IN HOG HEAVEN. A TIP FOR YOU. YOUTUBE HAS TONS

OF VIDEOS CONCERNING THE AIRLINES, BOTH + & -. JUST SEARCH THE

NAME. EX. DELTA ENTER--MANY CHOICES COME UP, ENJOY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back