Empire Builder

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The sleepers are still going through the rebuild process, so it's not like it would take *too* much to try another train.
Actually the rebuilding project for Amtrak's last fiscal year was terminated back in June for being over budget. Of the 18 planned, only 16 were completed before cancellation. Since Amtrak has not yet released reports for the new fiscal year that started October 1st, I don't know if any monies have been appropriated to continue the rebuilding project.

However, I think the Southwest Chief probably has more miles on BNSF. I don't know what railroad it uses around LAX (if Metrolink owns the line in that area, or whatever), but from outside of Chicago Union Station out to California, I think that line *is* exclusively BNSF.
Close Rob. On the technicality the Chief runs on Kansas City Terminal tracks in the Kansas City area. As far as the LA area is concerned from Soto-LAUS the Chief does indeed run on SCAX trackage, for a total of three miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back