Extra Lounge CAR?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

retired teacher

Train Attendant
Does Amtrack ever put TWO lounge cars on? I noticed that when I took my last cross country trip all the COACH people camped out in the Lounge car. Hard to get a seat

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Amtrack ever put TWO lounge cars on? I noticed that when I took my last cross country trip all the COACH people camped out in the Lounge car. Hard to get a seat

SOMEtimes you will "luck out" and get two, but there just isn't enuff equipment to do that nationwide. There are some LD trains that don't even HAVE a lounge car. (The Cardinal comes to mind)

On the Coast Starlight, the First Class passengers have THEIR OWN lounge car, called the Pacific Parlor Car. (PPC) You can even choose to eat your meals, if you wish, in the PPC on the Starlight.

Did I mention dropping a note to your elected officials?
cool.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
That's why I stay in the Penthouse Suite!
laugh.gif
I don't want to mix with the "little people"!
mosking.gif
I think then during our RT on the MORR, we are going to have to rope-off one end of the coach. One for us Lounge-Lizards and Little-People, and one end for those who REFUSE to associate with the lower-class, scum-of-the-earth, smelly-coach-class people......(And we all know who is who, don't we?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Hey, having been forced to ride coach for MOST of my younger years, due to "budgetary restraints", I know all too well that "Coach people are people too". (I might start a movement)

So Mr. Dave, The_Traveler, AU Member, Chowda-Fetching, Train-Rider, bring your rope, and I'll bring my camera. That way we can take pictures, (illegally of course, and we'll record Audio too, without telling anyone) of all the little people.

This post is entirely in jest, and if I offended anyone, good. Get a life.

I was lucky enough to be on the Empire Builder Chi-Van in early June of 2009, that had two SS lounges on it. The extra lounge was placed in front of the diner. And the normal SS lounge was behind the diner. The train crew said the extra lounge was being dead headed to Seattle. And the lower level was roped off. But they let the passengers use the upper level. Our train was very full so having the extra lounge space was a big bonus. When the train split in Spokane, the Seattle section got to keep the extra lounge. Giving its passengers a SS lounge all the way into Seattle. Something they don't normally get (but should).

That's why I stay in the Penthouse Suite!
laugh.gif
I don't want to mix with the "little people"!
mosking.gif
I think then during our RT on the MORR, we are going to have to rope-off one end of the coach. One for us Lounge-Lizards and Little-People, and one end for those who REFUSE to associate with the lower-class, scum-of-the-earth, smelly-coach-class people......(And we all know who is who, don't we?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Hey, having been forced to ride coach for MOST of my younger years, due to "budgetary restraints", I know all too well that "Coach people are people too". (I might start a movement)

So Mr. Dave, The_Traveler, AU Member, Chowda-Fetching, Train-Rider, bring your rope, and I'll bring my camera. That way we can take pictures, (illegally of course, and we'll record Audio too, without telling anyone) of all the little people.

This post is entirely in jest, and if I offended anyone, good. Get a life.
Dave didnt mention that he will have his own private car on the MORR since single level trains dont have Penthouse suites! Depending upon the royal mood he may, or may not, honor we unwashed coachies with a royal visit but if he does his security force reminds us no pictures,no autographs!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave didnt mention that he will have his own private car on the MORR since single level trains dont have Penthouse suites! Depending upon the royal mood he may, or may not, honor we unwashed coachies with a royal visit but if he does his security force reminds us no pictures,no autographs!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well then, I'll just have to use my baseball-cap-cam, to snap a pix of his Highness? Feeling the pressure yet Dave? No worries, we won't build you up so high, that you will hurt yourself when you fall down!
mosking.gif

A page from the good/bad old days: http://www.railpixs.com/amt2/AMT_CoastStarlight_EugeneOr_Dec80.jpg

Four dome cars! Probably weren't all lounge cars, but I'll bet at least a few of them were. The CS wasn't the only train to run with multiple domes in Amtrak service either; the EB and SF Zephyr did too.

(I say "good/bad" old days because it wasn't all wine and roses back then; Amtrak's reliability was even worse than now and its trains were in many cases not well maintained.)

Well then, I'll just have to use my baseball-cap-cam, to snap a pix of his Highness? Feeling the pressure yet Dave? No worries, we won't build you up so high, that you will hurt yourself when you fall down!
mosking.gif
I just may have to pass on the MORR trip. My servants are complaining that they have to walk thru the "unwashed" crowd to get my gourmet meals!
mosking.gif

Well then, I'll just have to use my baseball-cap-cam, to snap a pix of his Highness? Feeling the pressure yet Dave? No worries, we won't build you up so high, that you will hurt yourself when you fall down! :giggle:
Aloha

Don't tell anyone but I have a picture of The_Traveler. :giggle: :wub: :hi: :lol: :eek:

mosking.gif
I just may have to pass on the MORR trip. My servants are complaining that they have to walk thru the "unwashed" crowd to get my gourmet meals!
mosking.gif
You are soooooooooooo setting yourself up buster!
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back