Failure to Launch... another run at it !

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't quite place the mouse that roared, was it a peter sellers flick about a small country?

I can see the ship from my hotel window, looks massive, another few hours 'till I board.

No fixed plans for WAS, arrive there evening of 27th, just thought I would take in a few of the museums. I leave on the Cardinal from WAS on 31st, next stop Chicago. Cardinal train is a first for me too.

Cheers for now,

Ed :cool:

Can't quite place the mouse that roared, was it a peter sellers flick about a small country?

I can see the ship from my hotel window, looks massive, another few hours 'till I board.

No fixed plans for WAS, arrive there evening of 27th, just thought I would take in a few of the museums. I leave on the Cardinal from WAS on 31st, next stop Chicago. Cardinal train is a first for me too.

Cheers for now,

yes it was, I seem to remember it was the Original QE that they shot arrows at.

Hope you have a great cruise! See you in Vegas

Aloha

Saturday 30th August...

Hi, just a quick note to say I had a great time on the ship, lots of food and a smooth crossing. Amazing to pass under the suspension bridge at New York with just a few meters to spare from the funnel. Manhatten and the statue of liberty looked great from the ship too.

Shared a cab to NYP the same day and have been in Washington since evening of Wed 27th... following some of Railroad Bill's

footsteps!

Amtrak Cardinal to Chicago tomorrow, will be nice to move on again... will post a trip report/blog once I get organised!

Ed.

Sounds like a great start to a fantastic journey Eddie! Hope to see you in October @ the Gathering so we can lift a pint or two!

If you make it to Austin let me know, lots to do here too even if it isn't NY or WAS!! And how's the Exchange Rate for the Pound? ( England's revenge on the Colonies!)

Ed, think you should stop enjoying yourself and instead write your blog up. I for one am dying to hear about the QM2 and what you made of the regular cruiser people.

Very pleased to hear that's it's all as good as you hoped.

J

Monday is a holiday in America (Labor Day), so you should see some decent crowds in Chicago. I bet D.C. is pretty packed too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have already taken a photo of the Samuel Gompers statue here in Washington, as my tribute to Labor Day... Looking forward to the Cardinal, will be my first trip on that train. Certainly looking forward to a pint or two also, somewhere further on down the line!

I think my best plan will be to write the start of the trip report/ blog on the train tomorrow, and post it when I get to the Chicago Hostel... unless I start looking out the train windows, which might be distracting, methinks!

I have uploaded a few pics on facebook, anyone can view them..: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152678716084120.1073741832.682004119&type=1&l=05e23c64e3

Last edited by a moderator:
Back