Fall'10/Winter'11 System Timetable

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edgefan

Service Attendant
Hey all,

Packed up and came down to MTP today prior to our tomorrow morning (?) departure. Also like to spread out my options. Can Drop down to Fort Madison and grab the Chief or head over to Galesburg for an Illinois service train. Looks like the Zephyr is behaving itself in that, we can probably make the Cardinal connection. The real reason I'm posting is we popped over to say hi to our favorite station agent prior to #5's arrival tonight. He was kicked back reading what I thought was just a magazine. He slid it under his window slot saying this is for two of my favorite people, first one out of the box! It was the new system timetable! Larger, 144 pages, bound like a book, not stapled. St. Louis Arch as the backdrop. Effective date: Nov 8, 2010. Have not had a chance to read it cover to cover, but what I did check was to see if Amtrak adjusted Eagle/Sunset arrival into LAX so that you could have a guaranteed connection to Coast Starlight's #14. Nope. I had hoped that with all the other adjustments, surely they could adjust the Eagle/Sunset arrival by 15 to 30 min. Maybe next time. Also, been brought up before, but I can confirm that Sleepers on #5 were on the tail. MTP station agent said they swapped them back again last week. It was about 40 min late. No word on why. They did not have any of the car numbers changed to a #5 train. (all cars were in a train #6 configuration) Excited to be back on the train tomorrow. :)

see if Amtrak adjusted Eagle/Sunset arrival into LAX so that you could have a guaranteed connection to Coast Starlight's #14.
Wha?

That's already a guaranteed connection, bookable in Arrow right now.

Why would these new timetables not be available on-line now? If I booked a trip for January today, would it reflect the new timetables?

The reservations system has the most up-to-date schedule info available, including stuff that may not be reflected in any timetable.

That system was updated with any schedule changes a couple of weeks ago, as soon as the changes were known and approved.

Why would these new timetables not be available on-line now? If I booked a trip for January today, would it reflect the new timetables?
Some of the new timetables have shown up on Amtrak's website with an Effective Nov. 8, 2010 tag.

see if Amtrak adjusted Eagle/Sunset arrival into LAX so that you could have a guaranteed connection to Coast Starlight's #14.
Wha?

That's already a guaranteed connection, bookable in Arrow right now.
I have not been able to bring up the connection on Amtrak, nor when I call AGR to book an award they want me to do the Bus/San Joaquin thing. As far as the timetable post to begin with, I just get excited physically looking through the new one. :giggle: That's all. As far as local news; I'm currently on a very late Cardinal. We are four hours late on very bumpy CSX track. :blink:

I have not been able to bring up the connection on Amtrak, nor when I call AGR to book an award they want me to do the Bus/San Joaquin thing.

I just checked YUM-PDX for October 22, and the first two options that show up are 421-14 and 1-14. That connection was restored quite a while ago.

The Lake Shore Limited is now making a Poughkeepsie stop. Yet another delay on the lovely ride through NY state...

The Lake Shore Limited is now making a Poughkeepsie stop. Yet another delay on the lovely ride through NY state...
Poughkeepsie is a big enough stop to warrant stopping the LSL there and going westbound it adds no time to the overall run time. Coming eastbound it adds 10 minutes, or at least I see that 10 minutes has been added don't know if it was for the stop, but frankly that's a good thing. As it moves the LSL a bit further out of the rush hour prime time at NYP.

I just picked my copy up from my local station. And noticed something; almost all the engines have their numbers photoshopped out of the pictures.

peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back