Family Bedroom on Points?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amtraknovi

Train Attendant
Regular bedroom and roomette are sold out, can I book the family bedroom at the same price level on points? Also for 2 adults no, kids, does the family bedroom work out well? Other than not having a bathroom in the room?

Grab it NOW, change when a regular BR becomes available. I've booked the FB on points, We don't like the H-room on superliners to which she is entitled because she has trouble with the stairs so she likes the FB.

Given a choice between an FB or not going, GRAB the FB :rolleyes:

As said, the F-room is the same number of points as a "regular" BR. Given a choice, I would take the F-Room vs the H-room or not going. I've had the F-room twice, as it was the last room on the train, once a few years back and again this coming October. (On the SL Rich!) For 2 adults, it's not bad at all!
smile.gif

Another vote for grabbing the family bedroom. Mrs. Ispolkom prefers it to the regular bedroom, especially the windows on both sides. It's just fine for two people, and you don't have any foot traffic by your room.

I figured you could not use the points for the FB, because it is so much more - good to know! I have the bdrm booked all the way FUL-ORL and am hoping to use points for it. For the shorter trips parts (CHI-WAS, or WAS-ORL), do you think the FB would be better, if available, due to the size? It would be from evening until nonn-ish the next day on both legs, so just overnight and then-some.....

I figured you could not use the points for the FB, because it is so much more - good to know! I have the bdrm booked all the way FUL-ORL and am hoping to use points for it. For the shorter trips parts (CHI-WAS, or WAS-ORL), do you think the FB would be better, if available, due to the size? It would be from evening until nonn-ish the next day on both legs, so just overnight and then-some.....
Since there is only one family bedroom per Superliner car, most trains have only two available. Therefore for those without kids, the FB really should be the last room of choice and only because all Bedrooms are sold out.

And as noted the_traveler, you won't find any FB's on the Silver trains, the Crescent, Cardinal, and the Lake Shore.

Back