Favorite Amtrak Diesel of all time

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite Amtrak Diesel of all time

• GE Genesis Series

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • EMD F40PH

• EMD Cab units (Es, Fs, FL9s, etc)

• GE P30CH

• EMD SDP40F

• EMD F59PHI

• EMD GP40TC

• GE P32-8

• Other (switchers, prototypes, reply with specifics)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, not the one I rode in. I actually honked the horn myself ;) . It is just a button, as are most the others.

Foot control, that's a new one for me. The Genesis (as most newer locomotives) has a button that controls the airhorn. It's a little bit harder to work with than the old lever that many early diesels had. Many engineers used to have signature airhorn releases, with the button it only makes it harder to do.

Ohh well thanks for correcting me on that one, I kinda figured as well that they had a conventional button setup! But I still recall something about the foot operated brake on somekind of unit, oh well.

P40Power said:
Ohh well thanks for correcting me on that one, I kinda figured as well that they had a conventional button setup! But I still recall something about the foot operated brake on somekind of unit, oh well.
You might have heard something about the dead man's pedal. Don't know if you could have confused them or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back