Favorite Amtrak Stations?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Ryu

Conductor
Its simple. Post your favorite Amtrak stations, small city or big city. and if you want post your least favorite Amtrak stations.

Favorite-

30th Street Station (Philly)

Chicago Union Station

LA Union Station

Washington union Station

Oceanside Transit center

Portland Union Station

New haven Union Station

Albany Renassler

Least favorite-

North Philadelphia

New York Penn

My favorite is the one I'm at or passing thru at that time!
laugh.gif
mosking.gif

I may be a little one sided - but I think KIN has the nicest building AND grounds of most! Another is PDX, if you include both!

I nominate ELP. For such a beautiful building like that to have survived fully intact in such a worthless trash heap of a city like El Paso is just absolutely amazing to me. San Antonio has a couple very nice stations as well but neither one of them is used by Amtrak. I suppose you could say you're still on the grounds of Sunset Station but it's not really the same. I also really liked Flagstaff's station during my time there. And the old Santa Fe Depot in San Bernardino is a real beauty. The really big stations north and east of here are nice too but they also seem to suffer from anti-enthusiast sentiment that prevents me from feeling any connection with them.

Favorite one! All things considered I have to go with LAUS! :wub: (there are lots already mentioned that are nice also but NYP as a favorite??? :eek: )

Least Favorites: Tie: a: Beaumont slab :blink:

b. San Antonio (ever spend the night there?) :(

c. Williams Junction,Az :help:

Honorable Mention for Least Fave: Sanderson, Texas :help:

penn-station27_pennstation_lg.jpg

New York Penn Station
That has to be a photo from when - 2000 or so?
huh.gif
There is both an AE and Metroliner listed on the board!
biggrin.gif
We can narrow it down a little closer.

The board shows NJ Transit trains stopping at Secaucus ("SEC"). Secaucus opened on December 15, 2003.

Metroliner 119, the "tweener" 3:30pm NYP departure to WAS (between the 3pm and 4pm Acela's), made its last trip on April 23, 2004.

Therefore, this photo was taken between December 15, 2003 and April 23, 2004.

I love a good mystery!

Bonus points for anyone that can name the people in the picture, one of them looks suspiciously like the_traveler which is a scarey thought! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The hometown favorite: San Jose/Diridon, SJC! Our handsome 1935 "SP Renaissance" and National Register-listed station is home to ACE, Amtrak, CalTrain, and Capitol Corridor trains; Amtrak Thruway, Monterey-Salinas Transit, Santa Cruz Metro and Valley Transit Authority buses; VTA light rail.. *and* the friendly volunteer Station Hosts!

Newton Kansas

Kansas City

Batimore Penn

Chicago Union Station

Los Angelos

Favorite Amtrak station is pretty much my hometown big station, which is Los Angeles Union Station. So pretty and useful, unlike most Hollywood starlets...lol. Second favorite would be Portland Union Station.....cool service and decor too. And love the Metropolitan Lounge there. I'll see what Chicago's Union Station is like in 2 weeks...

Most favorite: LAUT

Least favorite William AZ. Haven't been there in a about four years, but last time it was a small piece asphalt next to the tracks that connected to the highway. It has one power pole with a lamp. Dreadful.

It has to be Washington Union Station. Kansas City Union Station comes in a close second.

I know there are probably worse stations out there but the one in Albuquerque gave me the creeps. Someone tried to mug me there.

It has to be Washington Union Station. Kansas City Union Station comes in a close second.

I know there are probably worse stations out there but the one in Albuquerque gave me the creeps. Someone tried to mug me there.
Really? I stopped by Albuquerque station while riding on the Southwest chiefs. It was a very nice little station, with Railrunner yard next to it.

I almost got mugged outside the Minneapolis station trying to catch the westbound towards Saint cloud... late at night.. its not necessarily in a good part of town.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I love the bustle of main stations, this is an Amtrak station question, but this is my favourite station that I have used in the whole world.. so far!

VT station..

Victoria Terminus, (VT) Mumbai, India.

Namaste,

Ed :cool:

Providence Amtrak Station is my favorite... very distinct architecture and is in the perfect downtown location!

Providence_train_station.JPG

My least favorite would have to be Fort Lauderdale... really needs to be a lot better than it is.

Good golly...did everybody forget about Beaumont? My favorite is the old haunt of Amtrak~ Grand Central Terminal that almost got torn down much like Penn Station.

TEMPLE, TEXAS

MARSHALL, TEXAS

Least Favorite:

LONGVIEW, TX

Honestly, MCGREGOR, TEXAS is not the best either, but at least the volunteer there is personable and engaging. I understand the ADA thing and why Marshall can not be the transfer point, but Longview? Really? Hey: I would rather Mineola !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back