Fireworks greet the Texas Eagle in Hope, ARK

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No fireworks for us this morning, :angry: just a busted rail up a head. Good news, they are going to walk us over the break.
Joe....

Do you mean that they had everyone get off the train and walk past the 'busted rail' or what?

That would be a serious early morning wake up :eek:

I'm confused - not an unusual state for me :p
I suspect he meant the train would go very slowly over the busted rail, hence "walk".
Ah, like I said... confused :) Learn something new every day - thanks.
Well, I could be wrong :eek: but that is my interpretation
No, you are correct. Basically the conductor or a rep from the freight company stands outside at a safe distance watching while the train moves as slowly as possible over the break. That person outside stands with their radio at the ready to tell the engineer to stop if a wheel does come off the rail.

Very nice indeed.
I wonder how many other towns along active Amtrak routes would take advantage of the opportunity to put up the money and add themselves to the Amtrak network? I'd bet that there are more than we might realize.
The SWC re-route will be a test for that. How enthusastic and how quick will towns along that route be to demand and create new stops?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back