Future bookings on Web Site

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to book a train for March next year, but the Amtrak.com web site won't let me see anything past March 5th.

Has Amtrak changed their booking policy (you used to be able to book 11 months in advance) or is it just the web site that's screwed up?

I'm trying to book a train for March next year, but the Amtrak.com web site won't let me see anything past March 5th.
Has Amtrak changed their booking policy (you used to be able to book 11 months in advance) or is it just the web site that's screwed up?
I too notice that this happens on occasion and I really can't explain why. However in this age of technology you could try something absolutely, incredibly, primitive: Call 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245) and ask about booking beyond March 5th of next year! ;)

It might have something to do with what 11 months means to us humans, against a computer that might be programmed to use anything between either 11.0000 months or 11.9999 months.

There's a hidden field on the web site called "booking_max_date" that's set to 3/5/2011. By fiddling around with a debugger to change it, I was able to successfully select a trip on 3/27/2011. I think they just forgot to update it.

But no, you can't use this to circumvent the 11 month limit. If you try, you get an error message about the date being too far in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the_traveler an alien? LOL!
I didn't want to scare anyone, so I left out my middle name - time! :lol: (Like Dr. Who, I like humans! :D )
Now we know about you! Since you've traveled in time, say how's the Amtrak doing in the future? :lol:
Well, if you must know, the 102nd President signed a bill authorizing HSR throughout the country. But like everything Govermental, it took another 125 years to build! :lol: But the good news is, there's rail service from MSP to SAS - and it's routed thru SD, WY, DEN, Amarillo, FTW and down to SAS! ;)

Oh, for those interested, the SL-East was restored between 2353 and 2354 - when another hurricane destoyed the railbed. It was still "temporarily suspended" the last time I passed thru in 2749! :rolleyes:

I didn't want to scare anyone, so I left out my middle name - time! :lol: (Like Dr. Who, I like humans! :D )
Now we know about you! Since you've traveled in time, say how's the Amtrak doing in the future? :lol:
Well, if you must know, the 102nd President signed a bill authorizing HSR throughout the country. But like everything Govermental, it took another 125 years to build! :lol: But the good news is, there's rail service from MSP to SAS - and it's routed thru SD, WY, DEN, Amarillo, FTW and down to SAS! ;)

Oh, for those interested, the SL-East was restored between 2353 and 2354 - when another hurricane destoyed the railbed. It was still "temporarily suspended" the last time I passed thru in 2749! :rolleyes:
Is your TARDIS in the shape of a Police Box or a Locomotive?? :lol:

Is your TARDIS in the shape of a Police Box or a Locomotive?? :lol:
That's a silly question, of course his TARDIS is in the shape of a locomotive! :lol:

I bought a slightly used steam locomotive from Dr Emmitt Smith! It only had 257,444,492,473,492,301,485 miles on it - just like new! :lol:

And it even came with a Penthouse Suite! :p How could I pass it up? :huh:

I bought a slightly used steam locomotive from Dr Emmitt Smith! It only had 257,444,492,473,492,301,485 miles on it - just like new! :lol:
And it even came with a Penthouse Suite! :p How could I pass it up? :huh:
You guys Really scare me........................ Even worse, I was able to follow the convo. YIKES!

The policy is still 11 months out but the website is indeed screwed up. "Julie" is allowing the 11 month advance. I just booked the first leg of my March 31, 2011 trip a few minutes after midnight on 5/1. Even the agent wasn't sure it would come up but all was well. The website would only let me book up to March 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back