Giordano's Pizza

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmbgeg

Engineer
I see that Giordano's has delivery. I searched, but did not find the answer to this question.

Is there any chance they would deliver to the CUS Metro Lounge (large tip for parking and logistics)? I am thinking about this for my return trip from CHI. Am I crazy?

Worst case, I can have AmFood (outbound evening dinner). I have dinner plans elsewhere all nights while in Chicago.

I see that Giordano's has delivery. I searched, but did not find the answer to this question.

Is there any chance they would deliver to the CUS Metro Lounge (large tip for parking and logistics)? I am thinking about this for my return trip from CHI. Am I crazy?
NO, but when we ordered for those on there way to the Boston Gathering, the delivered to us on the street at the station. The order was large enough to require 2 of us to carry it back to the lounge.

Aloha

the(y) delivered to us on the street at the station
Was there much concrete, stones and other street debris in the pizzas?
huh.gif
I hope they at least used boxes!
laugh.gif

We checked between CapLimited arr. and EB dep. in CHI and found that going to Giordano's wouldn't work for us, BUT... Across the street from CHI station was a place called Beggar's, recommended by several workers there in the station. "The absolute best deep-dish pizza in town" according to one of them. I don't know about that but when we walked over and tried Beggar's, we realized we'd made a huge mistake: we ordered one slice EACH. Never again! ONE is enough for 2 people - those things are monstrous! But they are 'monstrous good' also. Plenty of everything on them and just the aroma in there is a slice of Heaven unto itself. We're actively planning another cross-country trip now. It'll be through CHI both ways, and a highlight will be getting to go back to Beggar's another time. And when the EB gets to Portland, Voodoo Donuts is just a short trolley ride from that station, and there's another train-travel highlight. However, that's a yummy topic for another time. Need to end this before I start drooling.

If you can't handle one slice at Beggar's, then there's no way you'd be able to finish off a Giordano's pizza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back