Going back to Boston next year

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernServesTheSouth

Service Attendant
This years trip to Boston eas so enjoyable I have been able to convince my wife to go next year. I have used AGR points, a travel voucher and $47.50 cash to travel NER LYH-WAS, Acela First Class WAS-BOS. Then return NER Business Class BO'S-NYP, Crescent Bed Room NUP-LYH. This is for my wife, grandson and myself. The last one was my daughter,grandson and myself? I havn't decided where to stay yet.

I had received a $300 Travel Voucher from Amtrak due to problems experienced on my Texas Eagle trip to San Antonio this year.

I am now accumulating AGR points for a cross country trip in 2014, havn't decided where to go yet.

Last year we stayed at Marriott neat the Andrews "T" station. I would like. To try a new hotel this time. Idon't want to spend over $200 anight. Any suggestions?

I highly recommend hotwire or priceline for Boston hotels. Check out www.betterbidding.com, and make sure if you are using Priceline you use the rebid strategy outlined there. I am almost always able to get something for about $100/night in either downtown or Back Bay area.

My favorite hotels in Boston are either the Nine Zero or the Onyx Hotel, both are Kimpton hotels. They are smaller hotels with great service and a wine hour in the lobby daily. However, depending on the time of year they can retail for over $200+/night. That is why I recommend Hotwire. I am often able to get the Hyatt near Downtown Crossing on hotwire for like $109 or something close to that. You can also check out www.travelzoo.com, they often have coupon codes there for Boston hotels where you can find one of the major downtown choices for something like $159.

The weekend I am going to Boston, rooms are ranging from 300 to 400 a night even on Hotwire. I was able to get Club Quarters on Priceline at 179 a night a few weeks ago and it is now showing on both Priceline and Hotwire at 299 per night. Boston is very expensive.

This years trip to Boston eas so enjoyable I have been able to convince my wife to go next year. I have used AGR points, a travel voucher and $47.50 cash to travel NER LYH-WAS, Acela First Class WAS-BOS. Then return NER Business Class BO'S-NYP, Crescent Bed Room NUP-LYH. This is for my wife, grandson and myself. The last one was my daughter,grandson and myself? I havn't decided where to stay yet.

I had received a $300 Travel Voucher from Amtrak due to problems experienced on my Texas Eagle trip to San Antonio this year.

I am now accumulating AGR points for a cross country trip in 2014, havn't decided where to go yet.
SO I am looking to use my AGR points for the first time next year, Can I go from EMY to ORL via Boston with AGR, or do I have to go through Washington, can I book multi city trips as well?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back