Greetings from Wyoming

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wyomingtrainlover

Train Attendant
Hi All. I've been reading this forum for a few weeks now in my spare time and feel it is appropriate to come out of the woodwork and introduce myself. I'm from Wyoming and am currently a grad student. I did my first train trip of any sort this past spring break with my parents from Denver to Reno and back on the California Zephyr in a roomette each way. While slightly hesitant based upon misinformation from other people and entities, I had a blast on it and found it to be a stress-free and relaxing way to travel. What was amazing to me was being dropped off in the heart of downtown as opposed to several miles away at an airport. Since then, my dad and I are planning a trip from Denver to DC and back in mid-October (he has meetings there). Thank you and take care for now!

Welcome to the forum, boy did you come to the right place if you like trains! You should soon get a post inviting you to join AGR (Amtrak Guest Rewards), please take advantage of this offer, it's a great deal! Glad you like trains, not many up your way but hopefully that will change one of these days! ;)

Welcome to the forum!
hi.gif

WY is one of the 3 US states I've never been to! Why?
huh.gif
Because Amtrak doesn't go there!
laugh.gif

You should soon get a post inviting you to join AGR (Amtrak Guest Rewards)
YOU TALKIN BOUT ME?
laugh.gif

Since you mentioned it
tongue.gif
, you should both join AGR! It is like a frequent flyer program - but with one BIG difference! If there is a seat or room available on the train, it's your's for the same amount of points!
wink.gif

I would be glad to refer you if you PM (Private Message) me.

I would also recommend you book your trip ASAP to get the lowest price - since you mentioned October! (That's only 2 months away!
ohmy.gif
)

Thank you all for the friendly greetings!
smile.gif
In response to an earlier query, I did book the trip already and am certainly looking forward to it. I can barely remember it was in the mid 1990's that Amtrak and Wyoming had a divorce
sad.gif
. However I do remember in 1996 a train went through Wyoming carrying the Olympic torch (Olympics in Atlanta that year) so maybe there was some affiliation then but I'm uncertain? In 2 months time, I will be "training" in Denver and plan to love every minute of it. No laptop likely, but I'll bring a notebook so that I can provdie a comprehensive report when I get back.

Back