Happy Birthday to US!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_traveler

Engineer
Happy 236th birthday to the US!
smile.gif
Enjoy the day!

In just a few minutes our train 98, the northbound Silver Meteor, will pull into Washington's Union Station. Great way to celebrate our nation's birthday: riding a train into our nation's capital!!!
Too bad yall wont get to see the Fireworks and Entertainment on the Mall! It always was a Highlight during my time in DC since I was a worker Drone and couldnt get outa Dodge like all the Politicians and Big Shots for the Holiday! Hope the Trains run on time, the Crews are Friendly and the Scenery is still Spectacular! Happy 4th of July, I'm AMvious! ^_^ (as in Amtrak!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Jim, it's been a mixed bag. Currently we're sitting in Philadelphia 2 hrs late. But the crew has been great. As for scenery, it is what it is. But it is mostly all new to me and that's always a good thing for me.

Happy Fourth Everyone! Hope EVERYONE!!!! Is staying cool!

Did anyone attend any parades?? I attended our parade here in Whitemarsh with the Fire Co. Handed out fire co applications. Walked a good mile in 95 degree heat. Got to the local gas station near the end and a guy gave offered bottles of water! :) Took that up!

Happy Birthday America! :D

Yes, but I got to ride trains and see the fire works! :)

Granted it wasn't Amtrak, but then I did at least walk through Penn Station and grabbed a slice of pizza there, before catching the PATH train.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back