Heat and trackwork in Illinois?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fillyjonk

OBS Chief
I'm curious about this. It's my understanding there's off-and-on trackwork in Illinois. Last time I checked my particular next trip (July 29), it looked as if the trackwork should be finished.

I was wondering though: with the really extreme heat in that part of the country, has the work been slowed down? I can imagine guys working construction would have to take more frequent breaks or maybe even not work the hottest part of the day.

I mean, it's not a big deal to me if it isn't done: worst case scenario is I get put on a bus in STL and ride the bus to my destination in Central Illinois. But I'm just curious if anyone had heard anything.

If you are referring to the Springfield-STL high speed stretch, I did receive a call from Amtrak a couple weeks ago informing me as soon as my Shuttle from Galesburg arrives Springfield on 2 AUG, I hop straight away onto a Thruways Bus for the quick run to STL to connect with the southbound Texas Eagle; so it sounds like the work is continuing past 29 JUL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back