Hello Everybody!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phila 30th St

Service Attendant
I thought I'd introduce myself to all of you.

My name is Charles, I was born and raised in New York and moved in AZ in 2003. I attended Arizona State University and have stuck around here in the desert after (somehow) managing to graduate. I currently work in a management program with a wholesale electrical distributor called CED. Im lucky enough that I get to travel as part of my job, but so far I've only been able to work riding BART into my work travels.

Traveling is my favorite activity except for possibly planning travel. Of course, trains are a big part of that. Growing up in Rye, New York, I learned early on how convienent commuter rail could be. Soon, however, I'd exhausted the amount of fun that could be had on Metro North and I started trying to find other ways to ride rails. I used to insist on taking the train back from any trips the family took to Boston, much to the annoyance of my Father. However, he has now caught the bug and he's my train buddy. This year we've sampled the Sunset Limited and Carolinian and have planned trips on the Coast Starlight, Piedmont and Empire Builder.

I only recently found this site but plan to spend a lot of time on it. Thanks for reading :)

Welcome Charles! :)

However, I'm confused. You grew up in Rye, riding Metro North, now live in AZ, yet choose a station in Philly for your name. :unsure: Why not Grand Central? It's every bit as magnificent as 30th Street.

Not trying to be critical, just wondering.

30th St. is pretty nice but why not Grand Central if youre born and bred in NY?? Enjoy the rides, as the traveler says any train is a good train if youre on it!!!

Ha! I should have known my choice of user name would cause controversy. I guess it's because 30th St seems exotic to me as i've only been there a handful of times while Grand Central, in all its opulent splendor, is somewhat routine.

Plus, when I was first going to GCT in the 80's and 90's it was before the renovation and it had fallen into horrible disrepair. Thank you for all the warm welcomes everyone!

Back