Hey! When did they start selling t-shirts?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobnjulie

Lead Service Attendant
I'm in trouble... but I think I'm going to buy the store out! Super excited.... oh.... and matching hats too!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have several t-shirts. I love the Solari board one.

I usually buy stuff at NTD.

They just added a ton of stuff at the Amtrak store that I'd never seen. Goofy, I know, but I LOVE tshirts.... I can always turn them in to a tshirt quilt and cover myself in trains :) I've never seen the hats and or the logo tshirts... or the really special mugs....

They do not sell shirts at NTD in DAL or FTW.

We bought a poster that had the small copies of posters of 12 LD trains on one poster board, a few years back off the Exhibit Train when it was in FTW.

Can you get points for shopping from Amtrak store? If so, how? Is there a link in the AGR shopping area?

Last year, when I was in Portland, I bought a t-shirt at Union Station at the newsstand. I plan to look there again when I am there next month. Also, when in the lounge, we talked to a man and his grandson, who were on their first ever trip. The boy's mother custom made Amtrak shirts for both of them.

Can you get points for shopping from Amtrak store? If so, how? Is there a link in the AGR shopping area?
I think the only points would be by using the Chase AGR MasterCard...just like any other purchase with the card.Nice idea though!
Wonder if they are double points, since buying from Amtrak?
No. You're actually buying from Staples. :(
Well. I wonder why they asked me for my AGR number?

ORDER CONFIRMATION Dear TONY Sxxxxxxxxx, Thank you for your order. This E-Mail confirms that your order was placed. This acknowledgement is not an invoice and does not reflect final shipping or tax amounts. For additional information and questions, contact your Customer Service Representative at 1-800-369-4257 or by email at [email protected]. Order Number: 0xxxx9xx0 Order Date: 06/21/2014 AGR NUMBER: 7xxx7xxxx0

It is fulfilled by Staples but it is not bought from Staples! Thus you do not get the points as if you went directly to the Staples site. And yes it is the Amtrak Store, but it not for Amtrak travel. Thus you do not receive 2X points.

These 2 are similar to when you buy AGR points. You actually buy them from Points.com, not Amtrak. So it counts as a regular purchase.

Thanks for the heads up on new stuff at the Amtrak store. I just ordered a couple of CS lapel pins & a NO tee. I haven't been able to find the CS pins anywhere for a couple of years. Any one know why there's no CS tee's?

Actually, the double points on the card point is a little vague, since IIRC you get double points if you use your card for an OBS purchase.

True, but the only way to make a purchase using your card in the Dining Car, the Café or the PPC is if you're on the train - thus traveling on Amtrak! You're not traveling on Amtrak at that time if you buy a pin or glass at the Amtrak Store on line.

You get double points if it shows Amtrak as the "merchant" on the bill. If you buy from the OBS, it shows Amtrak. If you buy from the Amtrak Store, it shows Staples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back