I got an airline interview!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saxman

Engineer
AU Supporting Member
Gathering Team Member
Well today is the anniversary date of my furlough at my airline as a pilot. This morning American Eagle just called me to invite me for an interview! So I go in a week here in my home town. Hopefully I'll be flying you around the friendly skies again soon so you can ride Amtrak!

Now I got some studying to do.

Well today is the anniversary date of my furlough at my airline as a pilot. This morning American Eagle just called me to invite me for an interview! So I go in a week here in my home town. Hopefully I'll be flying you around the friendly skies again soon so you can ride Amtrak!
Cangrats, Chris! Same type of equipment you were flying at Comair?

Great news! Let us know how it goes.

Congrats Chris, I wont be riding with you on a plane but am sure well still hear from you here and hopefully see you on the trains, @ the station and on the avenue! Jim :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I had the interview yesterday. It was a LOONG day. I got a conditional offer pending on back ground checks and drug tests. Can you believe they want to do all that for some reason? :eek: Then some review board gets together and sees if they still like me. I'll keep you all posted. Hopefully I find out soon. I always take an Amtrak trip before I start a new job.

Well I had the interview yesterday. It was a LOONG day. I got a conditional offer pending on back ground checks and drug tests. Can you believe they want to do all that for some reason? :eek: Then some review board gets together and sees if they still like me. I'll keep you all posted. Hopefully I find out soon. I always take an Amtrak trip before I start a new job.
Great news Chris! Sit back and leave the piloting to Amtrak till you're once again cruising the sometimes not so friendly skys now-a-days!Did they indicate if you'd get to base in DFW since that's Americans base or would you have to relocate or float around? Do airlines have extra boards like Amtrak?

And where can you ride a train that you havent been on before? :lol: Perhaps The Canadian?

Back