Idea: Western LD trains split up into multiple shorter trains?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Current attempted trend is US-foreign mergers
Name one.
Well, they've been rejected so far. There's a reason I called it an attempted trend. Two come to mind:
US Airways / British Airways

American Airlines / British Airways

You know what we ended up with instead.

Frankly, at the rate the mergers are going, there's not going to be anyone left to merge with except foreign airlines soon. Does this merger trend seem familiar to *anyone* here? Anyone who's studied any form of passenger transportation history?

...or telecommunications history?

---

Oh, and the foreign airlines are moving in on the US, but are subject to the "US ownership" rules. So, Virgin USA, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was in the unfortunate position of travelling by air several times shortly after 2001, and it was hassle over damn near everything for quite a while. Didn't swear it off until 2008, and things seemed a bit better by then, but frankly I don't trust anymore that airport shmuckurity won't make up some insane rule on the spot with no notice, because they were doing that for several years.
Would it be safe to assume then that we will never see you at an airport or on a plane for a long time to come then? Just checking to make sure. :p
If you're in an airport outside the US, you might see me. :) I actually swore off flying commercial in the US. Oath and everything. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, they've been rejected so far. There's a reason I called it an attempted trend. Two come to mind:

US Airways / British Airways

American Airlines / British Airways
Marketing partnerships/alliances are not the same thing as merger. I find no evidence that US Airways and British Airways (or AA/BA) ever attempted to merge. If you can provide proof that they actually considered/proposed/attempted to merge, I'd be glad to be proven wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back