"IF ONLY I COULD HAVE ONE WISH!"

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My wish would be to have Superliners or similar double-decker cars on all long-distance trains, including east coast routes.

Kurtis

For all train sets to offer "Pacific Parlor Cars"!!!

Have'nt experienced the CCC, but would like to see "Diner Cars" on all sets, also!!! :)

But that's 2 Wishes. Oh Well, :p :D !!!!

RF

Last edited by a moderator:
If you could have one wish concerning Amtrak's service just might would it be ???
Updated equipment, properly staffed so all LD trains could run @least 2 trains a day so as to ensure guaranteed connections which would give us a true National Passenger network! (Real Diners, Dome and Lounge cars would be a cherry on the sundae! ;) :) :lol: )

Last edited by a moderator:
That Amtrak provide the overall travel experience satisfaction that one would receive on the likes of say Singapore Airlines....

A real chef preparing fresh and decent food in every dining car.

(Or maybe the return of the Floridian Chicago-Miami)

That all Amtrak trains would run as close as possible to realistic published schedules that give Amtrak trains priority over freight trains taking into consideration things that are beyond Amtrak's control such as weather, derailments or line blockage.

couchette cars or some other kind of non-first-class accommodation where I can lay flat at a reasonable rate.

I'd be happy not to drive 3-5 hours to the nearest train station.

More routes to and from Florida - maybe Chicago, Atlanta or New Orleans (or all of them).

Since Bill already said CHI-FL via ATL, I'll go with #2 on my list :p

Corridor-like intercity service through ATL such as ATL-JAX, ATL-Chattanooga, ATL-CLT, ATL-Montgomery, ATL-Augusta.

If I had 1 wish... I'd wish for 3 wishes. (Yes, I'm greedy) And then I'd wish for:

(1) The end of Horizon equipment on Midwest trains... and replacement with Superliner coaches and Sightseer lounges

(2) The Pacific Parlour Cars and Amtrak's last dome NOT to be sold off in 2012 like the plan calls for

(3) The Pioneer and Desert Wind to begin again

I wish for every major American city to have intercity train service. Las Vegas and Phoenix should be at the top of that list.

Simple: that the idiotic politicians we elect gave the same amount of funding to passenger rail as they pour out for the damn highways every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back