I'm hooked...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cristobal

Lead Service Attendant
I lurked here a bit before my first Amtrak trip last year on the CZ and I've been back since booking another trip later this year on the EB.

I'm getting so antsy for another train ride that I've decided to take the CC to Sacramento on a Saturday just to see the Railroad Museum, have lunch, and then come back to San Jose. It has even gotten to the point where every time I think about going somewhere (for instance, my son lives in Tacoma and there are a couple of events coming up that I'd like to head up there) I check to see how do-able it might be to use Amtrak. I've even contemplated a trip from SJC to LAX and back on the CS just for the ride.

Is there any help for me or is it already too late? :blink:

Is there any help for me or is it already too late? :blink:
Nope, you're screwed. I've already done a similar day trip from Fresno to Sacramento to see the RR museum and I've been kicking around another quick turnaround to Eugene and back on the CS. Trust me, the addiction only gets worse from here...and I wouldn't have it any other way. :p

Good luck...when I was one my mother used to wheel me to the D.L&W station to see my father off to work. She told me she waited until the train arrived, loaded up, and departed. When the snows came she stopped. She couldn't figure out why I cried all morning until she loaded me into the car and dropped my father off one day . I went home and slept like the baby I was. That was 60 years ago and the fever hasn't gone away. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Back