Infant on a LDT

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BuzzKillington

Service Attendant
I'm planning on taking a trip overnight with a 5-6 month old child. Is there room for 2 adults and an infant in a roomette or bedroom? Where would they sleep that is safe?

I'm planning on taking a trip overnight with a 5-6 month old child. Is there room for 2 adults and an infant in a roomette or bedroom? Where would they sleep that is safe?
Yes, there should be room, but you will have to call to book three in a roomette or bedroom. I would put the baby on the bottom bed-near the window in a roomette, adult next to them, or in a bedroom, bottom bed next to the wall with an adult next to them. A bedroom will give you much more room, day & night.

My daughter is 2.5 and her and I fit comfortably next to each other on the bottom bunk of a roomette. We both tend to sleep on our stomachs and I'm a size 12 so I take up quite a bit of room and we are still comfy. Your baby should be able to snuggle up next to you just fine as well. The pillows are small enough that you can be comfortable without risk of the pillows being in your baby's face.

I've seen a bunch of parents traveling with an infant in a roomette, but you will have to make a phone call to make the reservation.

An infant does not need a ticket. No need to call reservations to add them, unless you want to pay extra rail fare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back