Integrated Stations

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow forgot about Spokane. Been through there both on bus and train. On the train trip, you do not exit the train unless it is your stop. Maybe that's why I forgot.

Spokane is integrated with Greyhound, Trailways, and Kochi Teriyaki restaurant.
At the time the Spokane Amtrak station was remodeled to include Greyhound and Northwest Trailways, Spokane's intercity bus service was going to be housed there as well. That idea fell through, however, possibly because the STA had already spent a lot of money building a new intercity bus plaza and Spokanites are not known for spending any more money than they have to. ;)

Spokane is integrated with Greyhound, Trailways, and Kochi Teriyaki restaurant.
At the time the Spokane Amtrak station was remodeled to include Greyhound and Northwest Trailways, Spokane's intercity bus service was going to be housed there as well. That idea fell through, however, possibly because the STA had already spent a lot of money building a new intercity bus plaza and Spokanites are not known for spending any more money than they have to. ;)
My take on VentureForth's post is that it's integrated because of the Asian restaurant. ;)

Somehow forgot about Spokane. Been through there both on bus and train. On the train trip, you do not exit the train unless it is your stop. Maybe that's why I forgot.
Even though I was just "passing thru" on #27, I still went inside the station! I also went inside while doing a "NW Triangle Circle Trip" from PDX. (That is #506 IIRC to #8 to #27.)

Newark, NJ has Amtrak, NJ transit, PATH, Greyhound and other bus lines, and NJ Transit Light Rail (subway) and busses all within and adjacent to the building.

Milwaukee (MKE) also has Greyhound, city transit and airport express busses to O'hare and MKE.

and the Amtrak station at the airport (MKA) is intermodal as it has shuttle bus to terminal.

BWI is intermodal as it has shuttle bus to airport and to light rail.

Even though I was just "passing thru" on #27, I still went inside the station! I also went inside while doing a "NW Triangle Circle Trip" from PDX. (That is #506 IIRC to #8 to #27.)
When I've been waiting at Spokane to board whichever train I'm taking that particular morning, there is always a steady stream of passengers just passing through Spokane who do get off and come into the station. Given that the westbound EB is due in Spokane at 1:30 AM or so, it surprises me how many passengers are awake at that hour.

I was in the car that was detached and sent to Portland, I'm not even sure we were in the station.. But it was early in the morning, so I had no real incentive to disembark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back