Is there any place on Amtrak that may have snow in Jul or Aug?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brian M

I was thinking likely either the Empire Builder or California Zephyr someplace.

Sorry the question was too long. The question was supposed to end in July or August.

You'll see snow on Mt. Hood for sure (if it's not obscured by clouds), also maybe some fresh or residual up around the Glacier area. On the Zephyr there will probably be some leftovers around Truckee, especially if they continue to get heavy snow in the Sierras. I've been hiking in snow in June in Glacier Park....you just never know.

We woke up with an inch of snow on our tent in Yellowstone while moving to Kauai from Miami

I appreciate the responses. Would there be a better chance of seeing snow in early June?

Very good chance there will still be snow in the high Sierra (Donner Pass area) at least into the early summer.

On a related topic, would the Capitol Limited definitely have snow during the second half of December?

Not a guarantee of snow for the Capitol Limited in late December, as some winters start quite mild.

I've ridden the Zephyr in February and seen very little snow. This past October it was a winter wonderland! You really can't outguess the weather.

I've ridden the Zephyr a couple times in August (different years) and I don't remember seeing any snow at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back