Katie Couric

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2x1 seating on the Midwest Trains is the best BC out there! It's used on some Northeast Trains. 66/67 the overnight NER and 54/55/56/57 the Vermonter. That's basically it as far as NE trains.
Yeah, we took BC from Chicago to Kalamazoo for the first time last month. You get a lot of swank for only $6 more. ;) I loved getting first crack at the snack car (and a free drink!) The leather seats were comfy and awesome too. It was a great way to end a LD coach trip. :) We're going to use BC every time we travel in the Midwest.
Out here on the NEC BC costs a lot more then $6 for that long of a ride! I ride from PHL-RTE a lot and the BC upgrade is $44. That's 311 Miles. PHL-NYP is $25! That's about 90 miles. But keep in mind that the Demand out here is very high! BC sells out during Rush Hours and sometimes during midday. Once I rode 176 before it started in LYH and it was packed when I boarded at PHL it was a miracle that my girlfriend and I got two seats together. Everyone got off at NYP, everyone filed back on, and about 95% of the passengers filed off at NHV with the rest at RTE. That's demand.

Yeah, we took BC from Chicago to Kalamazoo for the first time last month. You get a lot of swank for only $6 more. ;) I loved getting first crack at the snack car (and a free drink!) The leather seats were comfy and awesome too. It was a great way to end a LD coach trip. :) We're going to use BC every time we travel in the Midwest.
Out here on the NEC BC costs a lot more then $6 for that long of a ride! I ride from PHL-RTE a lot and the BC upgrade is $44. That's 311 Miles. PHL-NYP is $25! That's about 90 miles. But keep in mind that the Demand out here is very high! BC sells out during Rush Hours and sometimes during midday. Once I rode 176 before it started in LYH and it was packed when I boarded at PHL it was a miracle that my girlfriend and I got two seats together. Everyone got off at NYP, everyone filed back on, and about 95% of the passengers filed off at NHV with the rest at RTE. That's demand.
Sometimes it's $8-10, but yeah... it's pretty affordable. It does sell out super quickly, though. That was the first time I'd seen it available, as we usually book tickets to Chicago the same week we decide to go, not weeks in advance like this time. Now that we know how awesome it is, and how quickly it sells out, we intend to plan our trips ahead of time.

I couldn't get over how quiet and nice it was. Even the lights were dimmer compared to the ones in Coach. The only thing we didn't care for was the seat design. They were comfy for sure, but the immovable armrest in the middle was bugging us after getting used to the loveseat design on the LD trains. Boyfriend wanted to lean on me to sleep but couldn't because of that huge armrest.
happy.gif

Sometimes it's $8-10, but yeah... it's pretty affordable. It does sell out super quickly, though. That was the first time I'd seen it available, as we usually book tickets to Chicago the same week we decide to go, not weeks in advance like this time. Now that we know how awesome it is, and how quickly it sells out, we intend to plan our trips ahead of time.

I couldn't get over how quiet and nice it was. Even the lights were dimmer compared to the ones in Coach. The only thing we didn't care for was the seat design. They were comfy for sure, but the immovable armrest in the middle was bugging us after getting used to the loveseat design on the LD trains. Boyfriend wanted to lean on me to sleep but couldn't because of that huge armrest.
happy.gif
Those seats go back far!! And the calf rest helps. I like the center armrest. I like how has the cup holders and its better then having to worry about invading space.

The 2x1 seating on the Midwest Trains is the best BC out there! It's used on some Northeast Trains. 66/67 the overnight NER and 54/55/56/57 the Vermonter. That's basically it as far as NE trains.
SO UNFAIR!!!!! :giggle:

So apparently pro teams in East Coast take Amtrak all the time. Rays did it going to Boston, Phillies to em to NY for World Series, Bruins few days ago took Amtrak from Boston to DC.

Yea no one takes trains alright.

Those seats go back far!! And the calf rest helps. I like the center armrest. I like how has the cup holders and its better then having to worry about invading space.
I didn't trust the cup holders. I gesture a lot when I talk. ;) I do like the division, though, and the leather seats and calf rests are a million times better than the LD trains. I wish the LD trains had a BC section - an upgrade from coach but not as expensive as the sleepers. :)

I didn't trust the cup holders. I gesture a lot when I talk. ;) I do like the division, though, and the leather seats and calf rests are a million times better than the LD trains. I wish the LD trains had a BC section - an upgrade from coach but not as expensive as the sleepers. :)
IIRC the Amfleet II's have calf rests. For those sleeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back