Katie Couric

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It should tell you something about her when the cartoon "South Park" uses her name as a unit to measure volume of raw effluent.

It should tell you something about her when the cartoon "South Park" uses her name as a unit to measure volume of raw effluent.
This is a rail site not a celebrity bashing site. She says she is using Acela........be satisfied with that. Also, in my opinion some of these comments are reminiscent of childish playground taunts. Grow up!

Free, positive publicity for Amtrak. What's not to like about that?

Yeah, I don't get it either. I'm no fan of Couric and there are plenty of legitimate reasons to be annoyed (or disgusted) with what's become of America's bizarre assortment of hyper-partisan and self-neutering "news" companies, but I don't see any of that in this thread. Like haolerider said, it's just a bunch of childish taunting from folks with a grudge to settle.

This is a rail site not a celebrity bashing site. She says she is using Acela........be satisfied with that. Also, in my opinion some of these comments are reminiscent of childish playground taunts. Grow up!
[Moderator hat on]

I fully agree with haolerider.

• Freedom of speech = yes
  • Discussion of Amtrak and trains = yes
  • Celebrity bashing = NO!
    excl.gif

Please grow up everyone! There are other sites on the internet where you can bash all you want. AU is not one!

[Moderator hat off]

I agree, this is free positive publicity for Amtrak, and Amtrak needs all the positive press it can get. I was just being facetious with my earlier remark.
I think free publicity is great. Most of all she was on AE. Up to everyone else to think about train travel.

Chris Carlin (look him up) tweeted hes taking Acela to DC.

More celebs taking Acela. Granted minor celebs.
I think the words that strike me in the first line is look him up... :help: I have never heard of this guy before now. :unsure: Now if you talking George Carlin, then were talking business! :lol:

Keep in mind that possible riders are more likely to ride if they see a big name ride like KC or VP Biden.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great picture.

I'm not familiar with the Acela. Is that a lounge car?

Great picture.

No, that picture was taken in first class. They have single seating on one side of the aisle, double on the other. Some are normal seats with pullout tray table and some are seats at a work table as illustrated here.

Great picture.

No, that picture was taken in first class. They have single seating on one side of the aisle, double on the other. Some are normal seats with pullout tray table and some are seats at a work table as illustrated here.
I prefer to sit at the tables. Their are two leaflets that fold open and shut. Great for working and setting up a laptop. It also comes in handy when your meal is served in FC. The tables can be found in FC and BC.

Great picture.

Oh, nice. Business Class is like that on the Michigan routes (single seating/double seating), but both sides have trays, not full tables.

Great picture.

Oh, nice. Business Class is like that on the Michigan routes (single seating/double seating), but both sides have trays, not full tables.
The 2x1 seating on the Midwest Trains is the best BC out there! It's used on some Northeast Trains. 66/67 the overnight NER and 54/55/56/57 the Vermonter. That's basically it as far as NE trains.

The 2x1 seating on the Midwest Trains is the best BC out there! It's used on some Northeast Trains. 66/67 the overnight NER and 54/55/56/57 the Vermonter. That's basically it as far as NE trains.
Yeah, we took BC from Chicago to Kalamazoo for the first time last month. You get a lot of swank for only $6 more. ;) I loved getting first crack at the snack car (and a free drink!) The leather seats were comfy and awesome too. It was a great way to end a LD coach trip. :) We're going to use BC every time we travel in the Midwest.

Chris Carlin (look him up) tweeted hes taking Acela to DC.

More celebs taking Acela. Granted minor celebs.
I think the words that strike me in the first line is look him up... :help: I have never heard of this guy before now. :unsure: Now if you talking George Carlin, then were talking business! :lol:

Keep in mind that possible riders are more likely to ride if they see a big name ride like KC or VP Biden.
Well hes a known name around New York City.

And look up chris Carlin on YouTube, he used to be on Imus show.

A LOT of celebrities ride Acela Express. I was in First Class between NYP and WAS last year and chatted it up with the First Class attendant... he could tell I was in to trains because I had one of my many Amtrak shirts on. Anyway, he proceeded to take me up to the serving area and showed me a couple of photo albums full of celebrity ticket stubs he had. I guess when someone famous was aboard his train -- he'd ask for their ticket stub and adds it to his collection. There were A LOT of sports stars (Shaq, Michael Jordan, etc), some world leaders (Queen Nor (?sp) is an AGR member), some very famous US politicans (including some who use fake names when traveling -- Clinton, Biden), etc. He let me photograph some of the ticket stubs in his collection and said I could post it on my website, but later sent me an email and asked that I dont post it on the net as he'd like to protect the celebs privacy... He said it was okay to show people in person... so if you ever run into me with my laptop... fair game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back