Keystone track work still going on?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jcl653

Train Attendant
I rode the Keystone line to Philly a few days ago and noticed that there is track work going on close to PHL. Is this regular maintinance, or is it part of the major upgrade project? If so, will trip times be reduced again when the project is finally completed?

I also heard a passenger mention that there is a new scheudle coming out. Any news on this?

Thanks all!

They are still doing some track work on the Keystone Corridor, but I believe most of it is occuring during off-peak hours, and are projects like surfacing and tie replacement that do not effect train speed. As for new schedules, they are set to roll on April 2nd I believe.

As was said earlier in another thread, which may have not been on this web site: When the new service started, the work required was not actually finished, but it had to open to meet the politically-set date. Since trying to work under traffic always make it go slower, it could well be that this is work related to the new service. Still, ordinary maintenance work or SEPTA related work could also be the answer.

George

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back