Lake Shore Limited Sleepers

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that video from after the Boston section started running through to Chicago? I seem to recall that Green Maned Lion reported that the front of the combined train is the Boston train these days (which allows the P42s to stay attached to some of the passenger cars for the whole trip).

Is that video from after the Boston section started running through to Chicago? I seem to recall that Green Maned Lion reported that the front of the combined train is the Boston train these days (which allows the P42s to stay attached to some of the passenger cars for the whole trip).
Supposedly the video was shot today so yes it would be because of the Boston section. I just found it odd is all, but I guess it kinda makes sense especially with 2 baggage cars. Looks like the consist is 2- P42's, baggage, 2 coaches, then a diner or lounge, 3 more coaches, anther diner or lounge, 3 viewliners and finally the 2nd baggage car.

AFAIK at present, the LSL is the only train coming out of Chicago with the sleepers on the rear. And that is due to the way it's being split in Albany to cut down on switching moves. Once they start running a sleeper through to Boston, you'll see one sleeper up front and two on the rear.

Yhats actually the Maple Leaf. Angola is near Rochester(???).
cpamtfan-Peter
Depends on which "that" one is talking about. The question being discussed here is about the last passenger train on that video segment, the one that comes by after the title "448 at Angola" appears. And that is most certainly not the Maple Leaf. OTOH the first passenger train that appears could be the Maple Leaf, but it does not appear to be at Angola or near Rochester as far as I can tell. It is most likely on some single track segment somewhere between Buffalo and Toronto

AFAIK at present, the LSL is the only train coming out of Chicago with the sleepers on the rear. And that is due to the way it's being split in Albany to cut down on switching moves. Once they start running a sleeper through to Boston, you'll see one sleeper up front and two on the rear.
Alan,

Isn't the Cardinal still running with the sleeper on the rear?

Rafi

Alan,

Rafi
And the PDX section of the EB has the sleeper on the rear also.

Alan,

Rafi
And for that matter, now that I think of it, the Zephyr was running with a CHI-DEN sleeper on the rear as of this past summer (may have been seasonal, though).

Rafi

Alan,

Rafi
And for that matter, now that I think of it, the Zephyr was running with a CHI-DEN sleeper on the rear as of this past summer (may have been seasonal, though).

Rafi
It was seasonal and neither of those two trains is single level and therefore out of the scope of this discussion. Not to mention in both cases, only one sleeper is on the bottom, as opposed to all.

On the other hand Rafi, you are correct, I forgot about the Cardinal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back