Large delays today (8/29) in the North east?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barciur

OBS Chief
Hello

My friend passed over this picture to me today from PHL...

QRwkp2s.jpg

anyone has any idea where are all the delays coming from?

Ughhhhhh.... just got off the train much later than planned and came here hoping to find an answer myself. No updates on the Amtrak NEC twitter and even less information in the station.

I know NJT had an engine disabled earlier in the day at NY Penn so assumed that caused some delays in the morning or midday. I was supposed to be on #193 NYP>WAS at 5:39 and was told that our engine was also disabled. After 6:20, tt was relayed to me that it was "a switch problem" and then explained that this meant "a switch was broken on our engine". My head almost spun but I didn't say anything.

Something else must have been going on because a couple northbound regionals were more than 2.5 hours late. I think they were the same train at the top of the board in your picture, already delayed almost 2 hours before I even walked into NYP.

I was on a rewards ticket so was able to rebook on #137 when it became apparent we weren't leaving before it. That was only slightly delayed so only an hour late start for me. They made an announcement that all #193 passengers could instead take the #55 Vermonter provided it stopped where you were going.

It was a very slow ride. We were passed by a Keystone shortly after Newark and then almost every commuter train the rest of the way.

Just found this from 6 hours ago on Amtrak twitter:

176 was not moving due to a disabled MARC train; it should be on the move shortly.

I assume this could be causing issues there?

Also at round 4 PM there was a disabled AMTRAK train blocking the Paoli/Thorndale line between Paoli and Malvern. SEPTA had a lot of issues with being stuck behind it and they cancelled some trains.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back