Last Minute Tips for a First Time Rider?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dabrilloman

Service Attendant
Leaving Wednesday morning from St. Paul, MN, to Chicago, then on to New Orleans. Anyone have any last minute things to remember, or tips on what to do? How early to the station, anything that will help with check in of bags, little items to help with the trip? We have upper coach seats on the trip down and a roomette for the NO-Chicago leg on the return.

I have enjoyed reading the posts here...very informative, funny and maybe not so funny!

Looking forward to my ride in the City of New Orleans, going to be a great trip I am sure...especially with everyones help here!

Thanks...Dabrilloman

At this point, just relax and have fun!

When you get up Wednesday morning, you can check on the status of the train coming to pick you up. But remember that even if it says that it's an hour late at that point (for example) that it can make up time along the way, so don't use that whole hour and end up missing your train!

Of you are checking bags, arrive at least 45 minutes before departure. They cut off checking baggage 30 minutes before the train's departure, and there may be a line.

Any checked bag(s) will be transfered from train ti train for you. It is not necessary to claim and recheck your bag(s) in Chicago!
smile.gif

Also have you (and anyone traveling with you joined Amtrak Guest Rewards (AGR) yet?
huh.gif
If not, you should!
excl.gif
It is like an airline's frequent flyer program. If you send me a PM (Private Message - just click the envelope under my name) with your email address(es), I'll be glad to refer you! Each AGR account must have a separate email address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back