Late SW Chief Yesterday (5/19/14)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Juliann95

Train Attendant
Last nights train was over 4 hours late. Anyone know why????? It's making me nervous as since I've booked my ticket the train has been more then 45 minutes late almost every day. The 30 day average when I booked was 44 minutes late, it's now over 77 minutes. We still have a 2.5 hour drive once we get off the train in flaggstaff to get to Phoenix.

Kinda like the weather...the historical average may be partly cloudy but, on your particular day it may rain. Delays can happen for a variety of reasons...on the day you travel you could be on time even though the "30 day average was 44 minutes late". "Why" yesterday's train was late may be different than the "why" its late on a different day.

Be prepared and be patient...enjoy the train!

Today's train looks like it will be a little under an hour late to Flagstaff tonight. Usually that train is pretty good. I believe you said recently it was your husband that would be meeting you to drive to Phoenix. I hope he is used to or willing to make a late night drive to Phoenix and you may want to consider staying in a motel, so that it will not matter what time the train arrives. Also, Interstate 17 may be prone to construction delays late at night. Check with Arizona DOT about construction advisories. I don't know why the train arrived FLG more than four hours late last night.

Yeah I've been watching them! Hopefully whatever is going on gets adjusted in next 2 weeks before we leave. No chance in getting hotel in Flaggstaff as my husband has to work the next day! Glad I upgraded to a bedroom though now in case there is a huge delay! We from IN so 3 hours ahead of AZ time. So at least we can nap during the day if we end up really delayed.

Guess it depends which direction train is headed and where you are wanting to get off or on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back