LAUS Metropolitan Lounge Master Thread

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:cool: Nice Pub for Amtrak and other Rail in LA! Thanks for Posting :hi: , I thought the Lounge was Great when I was there Waiting for the Sunset Ltd. after the Gathering in CHI on the "Short Way" Home to Texas! ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the new chairs have laptop trays and cup holders that swivel independently, plus electric sockets. When we were there for Sunset boarding, there were not enough chairs for everyone.

There is also a separate room back by the restrooms that could be a conference room.

KNBC Los Angeles just did a nice live piece on the Lounge and included some background on the history of LAUPT. The Lounge looks very nice and now I wonder what the goodies are in the 2 glass door 'Fridges.....
Here's a video of their piece:

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/New-Luxury-Lounge-Opens-at-Los-Angeles-Union-Station-236620901.html

The photos that were posted earlier in this thread indicated that the furniture was only temporary, and that the permanent furniture would be in place by the opening. From the video, it looks like the furniture is indeed quite different. The rental chairs all appeared to be armless dining chairs. The new ones in the video look much more comfortable, and have laptop-type tables attached to them. This looks both comfortable and useful.

Last edited by a moderator:
... The real LAX
I couldn't agree more! :D Not where those flying sardine tubes go!
Amtrak - the only civilized way to fly.
I was pounding the coffee table in agreement on that as well. The early footage of LAUPT was great and to me that is a must see destination in LA.

As for taking outside food in, whenever I was laying over to catch the Starlight I would bring in a Dipped Beef with Peppers and chase it down with the TRAXX Juice-never any problems except for defending my meal from Poachers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back