LSL DISRUPTION

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AudenHoggart

Service Attendant
We are on the Lake shore limited and being diverted through Michigan. They bussed everyone except pax destined for chi. Said there was a hazmat derailment. We are the only pax in our sleeping car.

Ouch. If I were a betting man, I'd guess you won't get in any earlier than 6 pm, maybe 7.

I don't want to know when 48 is going to leave.

Weird - I was on that train, but got off in TOL to transfer to the connecting bus to ARB. Wish I had stayed for the route diversion - that would have been interesting to be on an LD train going through Michigan (would have likely went right past ARB). Bet it's going to have to deal with the Norfolk Southern delays as well...

Capitol Limited is not being rerouted. Passengers bused to/from CHI, with the train turning in TOL.

If train 30 had to reroute, it would be guaranteed to miss the CSX work window in Pittsburgh.

According to Amtrak's Train Status (via their iPhone app - the website seems to have no information), the 49/449 arrived in CHI at 6:48pm. No information seems to be available about the fate of 48/448 and 30 tonight - I had heard somewhere that tonight's 30 would be bustitution to TOL (where the train would start), and 48/448 would be via the Michigan route, but nothing on the Amtrak website.

Too bad I have no idea when 48/448 will be passing through, as I might want to see it pass through ARB - it would be a rare sight to see the LSL pass through Michigan...

Oh man. Not until 6:48 pm?

That better not happen when I take the LSL in a few weeks to Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back