Lunch on CL 30 into WAS

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AudenHoggart

Service Attendant
With the changed schedule of the eastbound CL, is lunch being served to sleeping car passengers prior to arrival in WAS. I know it used to be (with an abbreviated menu) when the train had a scheduled arrival a half hour later.

What's the situation now? Is it affected by delays getting into WAS? Obviously this only applies when it makes the full run into WAS, which I guess is most of the time.

I haven't been on the CL in a while, but sleeping car passengers used to get 2 meals that last morning - and you could chose either meal off either the breakfast or lunch menu. But they stopped serving early - like 10:30 or so. I don't know what it's like now.

I rode 30 into DC this morning. Traveler pretty much nailed it. Only thing I'd add is that they don't have the full lunch menu (maybe 3-4 things) and they'll extend the serving hours for a bit if the train is late. We arrived in DC about an hour late today because of signal problems near Toledo, so they kept the diner open until Martinsburg.

I rode 30 into DC this morning. Traveler pretty much nailed it. Only thing I'd add is that they don't have the full lunch menu (maybe 3-4 things) and they'll extend the serving hours for a bit if the train is late. We arrived in DC about an hour late today because of signal problems near Toledo, so they kept the diner open until Martinsburg.

Did they take orders until Martinsburg, or did you have to finish eating by Martinsburg?

Did they take orders until Martinsburg, or did you have to finish eating by Martinsburg?
Fairly certain that they were taking orders until Martinsburg. At any rate, they always make an announcement when they close the dining car, and I've never seen them turn anyone away who beat that announcement.

Fairly certain that they were taking orders until Martinsburg. At any rate, they always make an announcement when they close the dining car, and I've never seen them turn anyone away who beat that announcement.
839, I was on that same train... where were you coming from?

Talking to my SCA, Lou, I was told that traditionally they only serve breakfast if they are running on time, however if they are running down by an hour or more, they will open for a "brunch" sitting with the reduced menu mentioned above.

~ DCTE

839, I was on that same train... where were you coming from?

Talking to my SCA, Lou, I was told that traditionally they only serve breakfast if they are running on time, however if they are running down by an hour or more, they will open for a "brunch" sitting with the reduced menu mentioned above.

~ DCTE
I was coming back from the Notre Dame football game in South Bend. You? You must have been in the 3000 sleeper if you had Lou, I was in the 3001 car with Jamil. If you saw a high school/college age kid wearing either a green sweatshirt and a Yankee cap or a green plaid short sleeve shirt, and traveling with a short, middle aged guy, that was me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back