Lunch on Coast Starlight boarding PDX southbound?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveSFL

Lead Service Attendant
AU Supporting Member
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you get lunch. Hopefully, your SCA will already have made lunch reservations for you.

I boarded the CS at PDX last year, and assumed that I was too late for lunch. I asked the extremely unhelpful Metropolitan Lounge attendant where I could find lunch near the station, and she looked at me like I had something on my shoe. Nevertheless, I found a rather gross sandwich at the little deli-shop at PDX, and ate it quickly right before the southbound CS arrived - and I found out about lunch.

I know that the Metropolitan Lounge attendant isn't OBS, but still... she had one train each day to learn about, so you'd think she'd know useful details like that.

Presuming the train is on time you'll put your things in your room and go right down to the diner. Chances are you'll start eating while still in the PDX depot.

The restaurant in the station (adjacent really as you have to go outside to get to their entrance) is Wilf's. http://www.wilfsrestaurant.com/ I haven't eaten there lately but they used to be pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back