Man beaten to death at San Antonio Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As others have said you don't have to be afraid of using the Sunset Station in San Antonio! This was one of those could happen anywhere things but I agree that I'm shocked that no-one helped when the wacko attacked the unfortunate victim!

The area is well lighted, always lots of folks around as its major tourist area with upscale hotels, cafes, clubs and condos around the Station and is next to the Alamodome!

I feel safer here waiting on a train @ night than in say Oakland ,Washington,LA, Chicago or New York!!! Don't be afraid to ride the Eagle or Sunset to San Antonio!!!
THIS.

We have arrived after midnight on late a late Eagle and had no concern at all walking to one of the hotels on Commerce Street.

Speaking of security... have always wondered... Is their any official Amtrak armed security on a train? In my overnight CZ travels, I've always found fellow Roomette travelers more often than not to be kind and friendly or at least polite so just curious was all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back