Meals on the Train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On a serious note we are taking our first Amtrak trip in just over a fortnight from NYP to MIA ETD 1515. We have a bedroom. What is the earliest we can check in at NYP lounge? Thank you for all the info I have gleaned on this site.

You can check in as soon as it opens.
Yup, you can spend 10 minutes in the lounge or get there first thing in the morning and spend the day in the lounge if you so desire. Mind you the lounge isn't so exciting as to make me want to spend all day in the lounge, but it's still not a bad place to kill a few hours.

Another example is the westbound SWC. With a scheduled arrival time of 8:15 into LAX, they do not serve until 10 AM. Instead, they usually start service early (like 6 AM) and end before 7 AM! ;)
No, it's less than like 5:30 am!
I had breakfast in January on the SWC headed into LA and it was served between 5 and 6 am, Pacific Time. I will say it was very good.

Aloha

When I went to the Boston Gathering last October I flew overnight to Chicago. I do not sleep well on a plane. Since Chicago was 6:00am I went straight to the Amtrak Station and entered the room at 8:00am. Slept in the corner till about noon when other gathering members arrived and the Pre-Gathering party began. Officially I was in the room 30 minutes early.

Aloha
When I went to the Boston Gathering last October I flew overnight to Chicago. I do not sleep well on a plane. Since Chicago was 6:00am I went straight to the Amtrak Station and entered the room at 8:00am. Slept in the corner till about noon when other gathering members arrived and the Pre-Gathering party began. Officially I was in the room 30 minutes early.
Thanks for that. WE will be tossed out of our hotel around midday so, even allowing for lunch and transit from the theatre district we have a bit of time to kill.

Quick question since I'm traveling on the Star from TRE (Trenton) to ORL in May and we've got a sleeper booked (thanks AGR!)

We board at 12:01...would lunch in the diner after we board be one of our included meals? I know dinner is included. I assume breakfast too as we are not expected to arrive in ORL until 10:30.

Quick question since I'm traveling on the Star from TRE (Trenton) to ORL in May and we've got a sleeper booked (thanks AGR!)
We board at 12:01...would lunch in the diner after we board be one of our included meals? I know dinner is included. I assume breakfast too as we are not expected to arrive in ORL until 10:30.
Yes, you'll get lunch onboard the train if you so desire. And of course you'll get dinner and breakfast the next morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back