Name That Station!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that the new Norfolk station?
Yes, it is Norfolk! I took the picture the day before it officially opened. Here's a look at the plush interior taken through a window. Sure beats the typical old wooden benches. :)

station_02.jpg

No to all of those.

Hint 1: This station is no longer standing.
Is it considered Cheating to Google Up Old Train Station Threadssince No AUer probably ever saw this Station?( Well some of our Senior Members? ^_^ ) I found One that Looks Similar so as a Guess:

Old Washington DC Baltimore and Potomac Station??

If this is Correct, Since I can't Post Pics, Perhaps Members like the Idea of Pics Old Stations and could Post some More of these Jewels with Appropriate Hints Attached?

Last edited by a moderator:
Washington DC.. former B&P Station. Quite certain Amtrak never served this station.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, this was the best photo that I could find of the former East Peoria Amshack, I scoured the Internet for photos of this short-lived station. Amtrak service to my hometown started and ended several years after we moved away.

I'm curious about one aspect of this picture - the consist includes a baggage car; I was under the impression that the Prairie Marksman never offered checked baggage.

Photo credit:

http://www.trainweb.org/usarail/eastpeoria.htm

DSC_0853.JPG

My sister took this photo on a trip a few years back. I don't actually know where this station is, but I do have a very good idea based on the route taken and sequence in which it appears. I could probably look it up myself, but instead I'll let you all do my homework for me.

attachicon.gif
DSC_0853.JPG

My sister took this photo on a trip a few years back. I don't actually know where this station is, but I do have a very good idea based on the route taken and sequence in which it appears. I could probably look it up myself, but instead I'll let you all do my homework for me.
Looks like Reno to me.

Back