Name That Station!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not in Florida........

I'll start with an educated guess -

Alliance, OH

Here's why...... that freight station behind the chain link fence looks like something I've seen there. Also, Alliance is a place where the eastbound Capitol Limited could possibly be making a station stop at 3:58am. The waiting shelter (which likely doesn't do much good on this night) would be behind the photographer who either stepped off the last car of the train to make this photo...... or who is there to meet a train which hasn't arrived yet. Something possible as the OP lives in Ohio.

Oh....... and Alliance is close enough to the Great Lakes to see this kind of snowfall.

Last edited by a moderator:
That and I told you it would be easy, though the snow fall comment is incorrect as our area lies just South of the Lake Erie snow belt, however Allaince is one of the lowest points in the county in a valley, and the station is in the middle of that valley, so snow piles up there frequently.

My apologies for the incorrect snow statement. I'll try to assume less in the future.

Next up from my collection is this interior photo of an active (and staffed by a ticket agent) station out on the LD network. Can anyone recognize it without any further hints?

208787_10200469445394910_800463904_n.jpg

How about if we turn the floor over to amtrakwolverine who was second in with the correct identification of Prince, WV?

I'm in the middle of an 18 hour day, on my way out the door to a meeting, and not likely to be in front of the computer again until about 9pm tonight..... assuming that I have the energy at that point to turn the computer on..... I may stay unplugged till tomorrow morning.

Post 'em if you got 'em amtrakwolverine.

No amtrakwolverine.....

How about if anyone with a photo to post goes for it. I'll be away from the computer until Sunday afternoon and won't be able to monitor guesses or give hints.

Yessir it would be a night shot from the railfan window of 29, departing Cumberland, MD (the station code is probably censored) on time. Highball 29, your turn railiner!

Roger, the Highball!

Except that I still haven't got it together for posting photo's....anyone who can, please post the next one......

Guess I'm on a roll... this one should be tougher so I'll give a clue... 181 was leading the train I was on, we struck a car (hence paint scuffs).

149398_1440469017731_801765_n.jpg

Well no, it can't be anywhere--so how about for today's clue I point out what you can tell from the photo?

The key here is the angle of the photo. I'm above the nose of a P42, which limits it to stations with multiple levels. The lighting should also be a clue, the platform is open to the sunlight.

So your station has mutlple levels and has sunlight.

Well no, it can't be anywhere--so how about for today's clue I point out what you can tell from the photo?

The key here is the angle of the photo. I'm above the nose of a P42, which limits it to stations with multiple levels. The lighting should also be a clue, the platform is open to the sunlight.

So your station has mutlple levels and has sunlight.
Martinsburg????

Back