Name That Station!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aloha

Ok here is my contribution.

IMGP4144-M.jpg

Don't Cheat, I did not mask out the sign. It is an active station.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aloha

It is indeed Harper's Ferry, From the cleaning equipment I thought it is still used. It was raining as we headed to the Gathering.

Not sure whether it's out-of-service or not....... though I do know that when I rode the westbound Capitol Limited last in March 2012 that we crossed over and stopped on the station side of the tracks at Harpers Ferry.

OK..... Give me a few minutes to find another station photo to post........ back in a few minutes.

OK..... why not a train station picture that actually has a train in it?

This photo dates from the late 1970's but you will know that immediately from the phase I scheme on the locomotive.

The station building visible above and behind the train still stands but this train has been discontinued. There is no Amtrak service to this city now.

0114-M.jpg

And one hint to get you started...... Amtrak had moved out of the main station and into the adjacent REA building when this photo was taken in about 1978 or 79. Here is a photo of the entrance to the Amtrak ticket office and waiting room in this city -

0072-M.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
From the appearance of the trees and sandy soil (plus the downright flatness) here, it has got to be somewhere southeast like Florida or some other gulf coast place......

After poking around on Google Earth, I'm guessing Biloxi, MS on the route of the long-suspended Sunset East.

Back