NEED A BEDROOM SWC

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

retired teacher

Train Attendant
Hello,

I have a roomette on the swc to SanDiego 9/28 I would like to get a bedroom but are sold out I was told I was next on the list. Should I keep on calling?? Anyone have any advice? Thanks so much!

Hello,

I have a roomette on the swc to SanDiego 9/28 I would like to get a bedroom but are sold out I was told I was next on the list. Should I keep on calling?? Anyone have any advice? Thanks so much!
Yes, yes and yes...now that you are less than 15 days out you can ask for the accesible "H" room which is on the lower level being as the sleeper is sold out as you have stated. It is really ideal for a single traveler. The upper bunk was probably designed by Olive Oil. And I take it you're getting on the Surfliner in LA to get to San Diego. Hope you strike pay dirt. :rolleyes:

If you qualify, it is priced between the roomette and bedroom. If it is not sold within the 15 day prior to departure (when it is open to everyone), it is the same price as a bedroom.

My uncle booked the H bedroom on the AT this past May for him and his girlfriend and he paid exactly the same price as the roomette fare. His girlfriend is handicapped as she uses a walker. The H room on the Superliners is on the first floor. Its noisy and located near the sewerage holding tank so it sometimes smells pretty bad in there. I would ask for an onboard upgrade to a bedroom as the H rooms on superliners are questionable

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back