new schedule changes: Can't go Chicago-DC-Florida?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm reading herein about some schedule changes, but haven't seen this particular issue discussed. We plan a yearly visit to Florida and planned to go Chicago-DC-Florida via the #4, #30 and the #91.

I see now that the connection length between the #30 and #91 has shortened to the point that it will no longer permit this as a valid connection.

There is the #97 that leaves DC six hours after the #30 arrives, but the online system won't give me this as a choice. It wants to take me through Virginia (with a bus connection) or through Pittsburgh and Philly using 4 trains total.

Why can't I go #4, #30 and #97? Or can I, but can't book it online?

Thank you.

It's odd, if you try just to go from CHI to ORL it brings up 30 to 97, but if you try to come in on 4 it doesn't. My best advice is to do a multi city trip from your destination in the west, then do CHI-FL. It appears to just be a fault in the system.

I've noticed that as well. There appears to be some sort of glitch in the website, so you may have to use the "multi-city" function of the webpage in order to produce your itinerary. It could also be an admission by Amtrak that #'s 29 & 30 have experienced such poor puntuality that the service provider no longer offers it as a guaranteed connection.

This glitch applies to those of use who are connecting from the Empire builder as well. I'm not interested in changing trains in Pittsburgh, and I'd rather do it at DC. Of course, going via the Cardinal would be a tolerable change for me, as I've done the Empire Builder-Capitol-FL bound train on several occasions.

The website glitch is annoying, though.

You may want to send an e-mail through the "Contact Us" link and let them know so it can be corrected.

They aren't going to correct their glitches from the average Joe sending a message. Many of us have tried to inform them of that other annoying glitch where the reservations page defaults to "today's" date instead of the desired departure date. They don't have a clue what anyone is talking about nor do they have anybody who can fix it.

They aren't going to correct their glitches from the average Joe sending a message. Many of us have tried to inform them of that other annoying glitch where the reservations page defaults to "today's" date instead of the desired departure date. They don't have a clue what anyone is talking about nor do they have anybody who can fix it.
That's a different issue than the reservations system not showing connections, and they probably would fix it if someone complained about it, since it could cost them revenue if a passenger isn't able to see what trips are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back